Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our 2006 Touareg A/C is shot.
Last time it worked found it odd that after I turned off the car the a/c kept on blowing cold air. That lasted for 2 days and then kaput.
We took it first to read codes and no codes where posted.
Then we took it to the repairman who stated that we should take to another one who then said that it was an electromechanical problem but did not state what that problem may be.
We are stuck with this incomplete diagnosis and have no a/c electromechanics to take the car to.
Has anyone else had this problem?
What would a feasible solution be?
Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Our 2006 Touareg A/C is shot.
Last time it worked found it odd that after I turned off the car the a/c kept on blowing cold air. That lasted for 2 days and then kaput.
We took it first to read codes and no codes where posted.
Then we took it to the repairman who stated that we should take to another one who then said that it was an electromechanical problem but did not state what that problem may be.
We are stuck with this incomplete diagnosis and have no a/c electromechanics to take the car to.
Has anyone else had this problem?
What would a feasible solution be?
Thanks
The AC system especially in a Touareg is very complex. With that being said, in-order to properly diagnosis a Touareg you have to be certified with-in Volkswagen Technical training. Not every Volkswagen Tech is certified to work on a Touareg. My AC stopped blowing cold air recently, I knew that it had not been properly serviced in sometime. I took it to Volkswagen had the AC serviced performed and it know peforms normally.

My advice, take it Volkswagen where you can have the system properly diagnosed. I hope all that helped.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Strange that the AC kept running after you shut off the car ! You can try a used AC module if the module is shot. BUT to know that you would need a proper scan. Either a vcds cable (someone with vcds on this forum would probably help if you give your whereaboits) or a volkswagen diagnosis session which will cost you the price of a vcds cable. If you intend on keeping the Treg and have a windows pc you might try investing in a vcds cable (genuine is at 200$ from rosstech).
Generic scanners don’t say much about the treg internals. With vcds you will be able to look into realtime ac measurements.
Used modules are cheap on ebay. I got one (2010 year) for about 50$.
But it might not be the module at fault. Just a guess and a step by step elimination process.
Now can you explain exactly what happens when you get into the car and put AC on? Does the module power up? Any hot or cold air out? Any noise?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Strange that the AC kept running after you shut off the car ! You can try a used AC module if the module is shot. BUT to know that you would need a proper scan. Either a vcds cable (someone with vcds on this forum would probably help if you give your whereaboits) or a volkswagen diagnosis session which will cost you the price of a vcds cable. If you intend on keeping the Treg and have a windows pc you might try investing in a vcds cable (genuine is at 200$ from rosstech).
Generic scanners don’t say much about the treg internals. With vcds you will be able to look into realtime ac measurements.
Used modules are cheap on ebay. I got one (2010 year) for about 50$.
But it might not be the module at fault. Just a guess and a step by step elimination process.
Now can you explain exactly what happens when you get into the car and put AC on? Does the module power up? Any hot or cold air out? Any noise?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It does not do anything, no sound, no nothing The only thing is that I turn the temperature off just in case not to blow a fuse or something

1 - 6 of 6 Posts