Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 V6 Touareg 110K miles. I month ago I noticed the A/C is not blowing air. If I raise the fan speed, the air barely comes out but it does feel cold. What is the problem?

·
Registered
709 Posts
I have a 2005 V6 Touareg 110K miles. I month ago I noticed the A/C is not blowing air. If I raise the fan speed, the air barely comes out but it does feel cold. What is the problem?
Sounds like a bad blower motor.

Have you checked the pollen filter to verify it isn't clogged?

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
x2 on the pollen filter.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the reply. Where is it located? This is different from the air filter (next to the engine) correct?

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
In the front passenger footwell.

Use the Search facility for DIYs.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
I'd just deal with the pollen filter first.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
pollen filter.

I just removed mine completely.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
pulled out the pollen

OK I took out the pollen filter, still fan only turns on from time to time and I hear a weird humming noise. So I am assuming the blower motor is bad?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yep your blower motor will be U/S

regards
Drag
You sure?

Mine only has this problem when it's really hot outside.

If the car has been sitting, when I start the car and try to run the AC, the air will blow hard and cold for a little bit and then you can start to hear a hum that grows into a drone, and air output drops to almost nil. If I turn down the blower motor level a little bit, it will eventually stop and I can turn it back to high. I do that dance back and forth for about 10 or 15 minutes and then the car can eventually run on high without a problem.

The noise almost sounds like something is getting suctioned over the inlet for the blower motor.

Still think that's the problem?

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
You sure?

Mine only has this problem when it's really hot outside.

If the car has been sitting, when I start the car and try to run the AC, the air will blow hard and cold for a little bit and then you can start to hear a hum that grows into a drone, and air output drops to almost nil. If I turn down the blower motor level a little bit, it will eventually stop and I can turn it back to high. I do that dance back and forth for about 10 or 15 minutes and then the car can eventually run on high without a problem.

The noise almost sounds like something is getting suctioned over the inlet for the blower motor.

Still think that's the problem?
Yea i do.
Remove the motor and check it it is very easy to remove.
The brushes will be badly worn and as the motor heats up it will slow down giving you your issue.

regards
Drag

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yea i do.
Remove the motor and check it it is very easy to remove.
The brushes will be badly worn and as the motor heats up it will slow down giving you your issue.

regards
Drag
But see, that's the funny thing. It actually works better as I run it more. It only does it when it's hot outside and has been sitting and it will eventually stop doing it as it's ran.

I wonder if it's already 'heated up' after it's been sitting but continuing to run it actually cools it off to a point to where it doesn't have that problem ...

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
But see, that's the funny thing. It actually works better as I run it more. It only does it when it's hot outside and has been sitting and it will eventually stop doing it as it's ran.

I wonder if it's already 'heated up' after it's been sitting but continuing to run it actually cools it off to a point to where it doesn't have that problem ...
To ease your mind like i said just remove it and power it up on a bench.
All should become clear then.

regards
Drag

·
Registered
13 Posts
Guys I have the same problem as the guy who's car works better as you drive it (15 min or so).. Previous owner replaced the blower and that didn't fix it.. I already know what the problem is, it's the blower motor resistor/ control module. There about 130 or so on autohausaz

·
Registered
26 Posts
FWIW, my eBay blower motor that I linked above installed easily and fixed my problem. It's a little noisier but doesn't bother me much (I just turn up the music more)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts