Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from my local dealer as I'm getting close to making a purchase of a V8 T-Reg. I went in fully armed with invoice price on car and all options. Things went along well until I was told that there has been a base price increase on new 2004s ordered, that reflects the value of the dollar vs. the Euro. Base price of $42640 vs. Base price of $40700 for vehicles all ready here
Is this real or is it just a way of them starting at a higher price?
Any help will be welcome.
Jeff

·
Registered
118 Posts
I hate to tell you but it is true. I was told that VW was trying to make up for the bath the dollar had taken.

Price increase is as follows:
V6--$1000 to base price.
V8--$1940 to base price.
Air suspension will increase $300.
Premium Package 2(V6-PPT) increase $140.
Premium Plus Package(V8-PPS) increase $300.

I got these numbers from another site. There is a specfic build date/delivery date when the price went up. I think it was ~ the 1/5/04. Looking at the above; does that account for the difference?

Sorry for being the bearer of bad news.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
price?

Thanks Karl,
I understand that the price will fluctuate with the value of the dollar but it’s good to hear it from someone besides the only dealer I have been to.
I made arraignments to test drive a T-Reg with air suspension on Friday. Once I figure what type of suspension I want I will make my purchase.
Jeff

·
Registered
17 Posts
Bogus

Make up for the weak dollar???? THat is BS... I bet you vw does not take that money out of the usa so it is a moot point. If we were talking about a German company that was only in Germany that would be one thing. Where is the touareg made anyway?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Let's look at the real situation---VW is selling a truck that's gotten rave reviews when compared to MB, BMW, Acura, etc., etc., and selling it for less! I think it was a Car & Driver report that ended with"...the only question is how long VW will leave the price as low..."

The increase was inevitable, just glad I got in before!!! :lol: :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I went to a different dealer and was told that there was no such increase. I left that dealer a new Offroad Gray V8 with air suspension, Bi's, Winter pkg, park assist, and a rear hitch.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Glad you got in, but I did see a press release that advised of the increases. I think the Euro/US dollar explanation was an attempt by a salesman to make it sound more palatable, but either way, "Welcome to the club!" you're going to love it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.