Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just did my 90,000 service, and since I've kept my receipts I figured I'd share what its cost to maintain my '15 TDI. 9 dealer services have added up to about $2,200. My car has been to the dealer for 3 non maintenance repairs, 1st for frozen/gelled fuel, which set me back $192. A MAF sensor at 72,000 and then NOx sensor at 82,000 - both covered by emissions warranty. I replaced the worn OE Goodyear's with Pirelli's at a cost of $1,007 - those tires are still in service with good tread remaining. I purchased a set of winter wheels and tires used for $983. I have replaced those tires, dont have that receipt but recall it being around $800 - these tires are still at 10/32. I had the brakes fully redone at 76,000 at a cost of $1,386, also at the dealer. That totals about $6,500 in maintenance for the 90,000 miles.

·
Super Moderator
9,684 Posts
Way too much money on brakes imo, but if you can't do it yourself then I understand.

Reactions: Tazard

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can do them myself, but am at the point in life I can pay to have them done, instead of doing them in the snow when it's well below freezing.

Reactions: amattel

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just an update since I've passed 100,000 miles. I had a parking aid sensor go bad and with this out the camera would not work, so I had it replaced at a cost of $455. That was done with my 100,000 mile service, total bill $567. A CEL was on due to MAP sensor, replaced under warranty. One of the door handle touch sensors needs replacement (working intermittently) quote is $500 and I'll have done with next service.

Reactions: CarNut2

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
With 102,000 another NOX sensor went bad and was replaced under warranty. Shortly after the CEL light for that came on the service adblue (light plus wrench) came on with warning engine would not start in 200 miles. That was apparently adblue too low. It looks like at my 100k service they did not top the adblue, but I had a warning a couple weeks ago and added 2.5gal. Either way, another warranty repair. Current plan is to keep the car 1 more year, at which point will hit 120,000 miles and the replace. Not sure with what yet

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dpf light came on Saturday, went away 10 miles into today commute. Not gonna worry about it for now. I was going to replace the Egg with an S7, but I think we want to add to our family so most likely will get something along the lines of an Expedition. I like the idea of an aluminum body (lots of salt here,paint bubbling on treg tailgate) and something that can fit 3 carseats across the 2nd row.

·
Registered
362 Posts
My Touareg also has rust starting on the tailgate, but I know that I have 10 years on the corrosion warranty. One of the biggest reasons for purchasing a VW in the first place.

I also like the idea of aluminum vehicles and have investigated an F-350, but I'm still on the fence regarding the corrosion benefits. Before you buy, do a quick search on Expedition tailgate and hood corrosion; Ford's corrosion warranty is much shorter as well.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Dpf light came on Saturday, went away 10 miles into today commute. Not gonna worry about it for now. I was going to replace the Egg with an S7, but I think we want to add to our family so most likely will get something along the lines of an Expedition. I like the idea of an aluminum body (lots of salt here,paint bubbling on treg tailgate) and something that can fit 3 carseats across the 2nd row.
Just an update since I've passed 100,000 miles. I had a parking aid sensor go bad and with this out the camera would not work, so I had it replaced at a cost of $455. That was done with my 100,000 mile service, total bill $567. A CEL was on due to MAP sensor, replaced under warranty. One of the door handle touch sensors needs replacement (working intermittently) quote is $500 and I'll have done with next service.
Rob,
Thanks for sharing I’ve enjoyed reading your post.
I Had same sensor go out the day I bought (100,000 mi used) the car. I called my niece (vw service tech) and she said get a cheap set of body tools, buy an $18 sensor and watch a YouTube video. Just odd was near same mileage. My niece assured me that the dealer had just reset the code for the sensor until it worked as it was listed as “intermittent” and there was a reset done several days before I bought the car. The previous owner didn’t change the brake fluid so when I had the front brakes done the calipers had to be “rebuilt” (seals good she just took apart and cleaned and reassembled the right hand one) the left wasn’t repairable and was a lofty $500+ part. I opted to upgrade to drilled and slotted rotors with the z26 brake package for the front. Parts and labor were about $1250. She warned me to expect to rebuild the rear calipers as well but for now they have half life and are wearing evenly. She also changed the brake fluid 😂🤣. I also had an adblue level issue (tank full car wouldn’t start) but my niece said she could do a stage 2 Malone tune with emissions delete and it would make it much safer when pulling out into traffic from a stop. It’s also made it more fun to drive. I just bought a vw diesel oil change kit (wow $109) but at every 10k miles that’s only $0.015/mile for oil. So it’s really not any more expensive than valvoline for my wife’s gasser. I’m amazed by how solidly the car rides and handles. Braking is amazing. I took it to the local drag strip it’s a 1/8 mile track and I’m sure the Touareg tdi would perform more respectfully on a 1/4 mile or longer track but I had fun. I was car 215. Car 212 was a Chevy step side with a ls 6.0 corvette motor. Car 199 was a Cadillac ATS with small diameter slicks.
Receipt Font Handwriting Rectangle Tints and shades

Receipt Sleeve Rectangle Handwriting Font

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Beware of cheap sensors, they tend not to last

1 - 13 of 13 Posts