Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does everyone elses 8spd shift different when you use the cruise resume? seems to use more torque converter slip?....No cruise, D or S shifts normal...resume cruise and it seems to shift quiet a bit different. Just wondering lol :)

·
Registered
446 Posts
yes, my old '13 touareg definitely had a different shift pattern in cruise control than in manual or automatic mode. I also noticed the torque converter would lock at different points, especially compared to manual shift mode.

·
Registered
2015 (2016 MY) Touareg SE 3.0 V6 TDi 262PS
1,197 Posts
I only use Resume when I've used the throttle to roughly match the speed - I have found with any car that using Resume from a substantially lower speed causes quite spirited acceleration to get back to cruise speed, increasing fuel consumption, so I like to regain speed more gradually and then re-engage Cruise

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes, my old '13 touareg definitely had a different shift pattern in cruise control than in manual or automatic mode. I also noticed the torque converter would lock at different points, especially compared to manual shift mode.
thank you sir thats what i was hoping to hear

I only use Resume when I've used the throttle to roughly match the speed - I have found with any car that using Resume from a substantially lower speed causes quite spirited acceleration to get back to cruise speed, increasing fuel consumption, so I like to regain speed more gradually and then re-engage Cruise
no it doesnt actually seem to do that at all...it gains speed at a gradual and smooth pace, it just seems to slip while shifting unlike in normal drive situations. Im guessing its programed into the system perhaps

·
Registered
2013 Touareg R line V8 Diesel
284 Posts
Revving an old post..... the ACC on my 2013 V8 TDI has 3 modes of operation - sport, normal, comfort that adjust the acceleration and braking behaviour accordingly

1 - 6 of 6 Posts