Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Wondering if anyone has a solution to permanently turn the TPMS light off on a 7p touareg (ive got a 2013) Dealer wants $500 for a new set of sensors and im happy just looking at my wheels and using a guage.

Let me know

Thanks,
ben

·
Registered
708 Posts
Its a safety feature fit some new sensors around £40 each and don't be so tight.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Make a 2" PVC cylinder and mount the sensors in it and then put 27 PSI in it and then put that in the trunk.
Safer is to fill it with water almost completely and then pressurize it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey all,

Wondering if anyone has a solution to permanently turn the TPMS light off on a 7p touareg (ive got a 2013) Dealer wants $500 for a new set of sensors and im happy just looking at my wheels and using a guage.

Let me know

Thanks,
ben

With my 2004 V6 I just went into the display settings and found one that said TPMS Learn, clicked it, said learning, 30 seconds later light went away.
Not sure if that is kosher, but all my tires looked to spec and light has been off for over 1k miles now

·
Super Moderator
9,662 Posts
With my 2004 V6 I just went into the display settings and found one that said TPMS Learn, clicked it, said learning, 30 seconds later light went away.
Not sure if that is kosher, but all my tires looked to spec and light has been off for over 1k miles now
You have an early Touareg that had that feature fortunately. It went away after that year. VCDS and a fuse pull is the only way I know how to do it.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
98 Posts
My 7P T4 gets wheels changed 2-3 times a year. They are either 17s, 18s or 20s. Had TPMS disabled via VagCom and couldn't be happier. Pressures are gauge checked pretty regularly, never needed electronics to know when a tire is going flat or is flat. Only disabled it due to three sets of wheels.

·
Registered
708 Posts
My 7P T4 gets wheels changed 2-3 times a year. They are either 17s, 18s or 20s. Had TPMS disabled via VagCom and couldn't be happier. Pressures are gauge checked pretty regularly, never needed electronics to know when a tire is going flat or is flat. Only disabled it due to three sets of wheels.
Could you not share how you do it as that is what the OP wanted to know?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks @capese21. I'm taking your advice though. i found a set of used OEM ones that im going to try my hand with. The ones from my stock wheels got seized in the tire so unfortunately those are off the table.

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
I would personally at suck it up and pay to properly maintain your vehicle. I absolutely love my TPMS for many reasons. One reason is when I'm off-roading or at a local Beach I can easily monitor my tires to make sure that I haven't punctured one. Another reason is I can easily see when its -20 degrees outside how much tire pressure I lost and if I need to go and increase it. Another reason is when it's a hundred degrees Fahrenheit and I'm towing a heavy load I can easily see if I'm within my tires limitations or if I need to go air down somewhere.

·
Super Moderator
9,662 Posts
Very helpful.:rolleyes:
It is easy if you have VCDS. You pull the fuse for the system, enter the module and recode it to the same code that is there. You then restart the car it will do a search for it, not find it which tells the car it is no longer an option.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
Funny story, I have $500 worth of TPMS sensors being delivered to the dealership actually. One of them was broken and the other one randomly went bad

1 - 20 of 23 Posts