Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've never seen this in nearly three years with this car... upcoming "features" on route. Maybe the kids have been playing with the setup menu?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,219 Posts
Nine does that when you have a destination plugged into the nav unit. its pretty sweet

·
Registered
22 Posts
Mine started doing that at some point in the last year. It's nice when out in the boonies, but a royal pain in suburban Chicago. It obscures my next actual direction.

I have messed around with every option I can think of in the Nav unit itself but can't find what toggles it.

While writing this, I though about it being a setting in the MFD, not the Nav system.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I've never found a setting for it. Mine stopped working recently when the dealer fixed my Nav antenna. I thought hey turned it off some how. After about a week, though, it started showing up again.

-Kevin

·
Registered
78 Posts
I've never seen this in nearly three years with this car... upcoming "features" on route. Maybe the kids have been playing with the setup menu?
I've been wondering the same thing...mine used to do that but has stopped. I think it quit working when I upgraded firmware to v711??

·
Registered
2013 VW Touareg TDI Sport w/tech
944 Posts
That looks like the NAV display tap in the MFD. Use the right side steering wheel arrow control switches to move between NAV, CAR, PHONE, and RADIO.

Just tab through the 4 different screens while driving. It's always there.

·
Registered
481 Posts
That looks like the NAV display tap in the MFD. Use the right side steering wheel arrow control switches to move between NAV, CAR, PHONE, and RADIO.

Just tab through the 4 different screens while driving. It's always there.

You missed the point. He is talking specifically about the display showing there is a rest stop ahead. Mine will show different things at the next exit, like Dunkin Donuts or other amenities. Not the exit that you should get off for your selected navigation, but the next exit on the highway. I will often turn on guidance, even if I know where I am going so that I can get this info.

·
Registered
78 Posts
You missed the point. He is talking specifically about the display showing there is a rest stop ahead. Mine will show different things at the next exit, like Dunkin Donuts or other amenities. Not the exit that you should get off for your selected navigation, but the next exit on the highway. I will often turn on guidance, even if I know where I am going so that I can get this info.
Exactly. I used to have this type of information displayed on the MFI but can no longer see it. Hoping someone is aware of an embedded option somewhere in the system.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Oooh, I really like the idea of seeing "Dunkin' Donuts next junction"!

I might even give up using paper maps for THAT function!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts