Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I'm having a weird issue with our 2013 and was hoping someone might have an idea. I am getting a whistle/whine from the HVAC system. It has nothing to do with the actual AC, or engine. The noise happens with he car on/off, moving/sitting still.

The noise does change with fan speed, and changes a little if I play with the vents. I can change the direction of air flow (front/feet/top) and it does not matter. The other weird part is, it only happens when it's warm. It went away during the winter...

I am thinking fan blower motor, BUT, the noise sounds very central in the dash. I even changed the cabin air filter, and the noise does not sound like it is coming from the blower. So I'm stumped. Tried TONs of searches here, and on Q7 and Cayanne forums with no luck.

Anybody have an idea? Greatly appreciate any help someone can offer up.

·
Registered
358 Posts
My car was at the dealer for a noisy fan while under warranty and the service guy told me they also inspected the heater box, I believe is located in the center of the dash. He called it a common problem but could not find a problem with my car at the time. I recall he talked flaps getting stuck and the remedy was to replace the box.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your input, man I hope that's not the case. That does sound like a big job. The other weird thing I found is the pitch of the noise changes when I open/close a door while the fan is running. This will drive me mad... haha.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
Sunny D
Club Touareg Forum
We’re the online community for Volkswagen Touareg owners to share knowledge about their VW Touareg Sport Utility Vehicles and more!
Full Forum Listing