Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Learner
5,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have noticed a few times now so worth posting and sharing..
I find water has escaped onto the ground when the Touareg is parked on a slope, front end lower, after it has been rained upon.
When raining it was parked on level ground, I drove it and returned to park in the driveway which has a slope, and as you can see there's water on the ground after.
Seems like it holds some water around the lower front somewhere, will be checking next time where this could be.
Anyone else noticed this?

·
Registered
2011 Touareg VR6 FSI
728 Posts
Pull the wheel well covers off and check that no debris are partially blocking the front sunroof drains (provided you have one). Debris will cause the water to sit in the tubes and slowly flow out when the angle of the vehicle allows it. You can also check the rear sunroof drains while you're at it. Search the forums there's plenty of threads on it. Below is for accessing the rear drain exits. Accessing Rear Sunroof Drains in 2011+ VW Touareg...

·
Learner
5,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thought about that but with only 30k on the clock and always garaged I doubt it's that.
Water seems to be from the lower front of the bumper valance..

·
Super Moderator
2015 R Line V8
2,109 Posts
leaking headlight washer tube?

Reactions: Singh

·
Learner
5,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
leaking headlight washer tube?
All intact there Steve, seems to be only after rain and parking at an angle... Will observe again next, rain predicted next weekend, will park it out

Reactions: Steve_L

·
Registered
2015 (2016 MY) Touareg SE 3.0 V6 TDi 262PS
960 Posts
I've seen reference to water collecting in the side box sections, remedied by permanently removing the rubber bungs.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Singh .............. so its coming down from with in and around the bulk head area ??

When vehicle is rested where might the water first drop ............... following backwards to somewhere on the vehicle if observed visually from under ( sorry dont want to get you on the ground) or on the side or the vehicle ??

Reactions: Singh

·
Learner
5,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Singh .............. so its coming down from with in and around the bulk head area ??

When vehicle is rested where might the water first drop ............... following backwards to somewhere on the vehicle if observed visually from under ( sorry dont want to get you on the ground) or on the side or the vehicle ??
More so from the bumper, when I changed my fog lights I noticed the debris build up below in there, pop off the cover for fog lights so you know what I mean.
Around the bulkhead and drains it's all clean... Rain ahead for next few days so will repeat the experience and check in detail

·
Registered
2015 R-Line
24 Posts
I see you have a panoramic roof. Is it an opening or fixed version. If opening it could be the sunroof drainage channel run off. I've seen leaf matter build up in them and create dams.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have this happening on my ‘14 TDI Lux after it has rained. Small wet area of 6-8” diameter remains visible For 2-3 days under the front driver side number - at the corner when parked slightly incline - front lower than the rear. It remains pretty consistent in size, so I believe it’s a slow drip from the rain. At least that’s what I’m telling myself.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Have noticed a few times now so worth posting and sharing..
I find water has escaped onto the ground when the Touareg is parked on a slope, front end lower, after it has been rained upon.
When raining it was parked on level ground, I drove it and returned to park in the driveway which has a slope, and as you can see there's water on the ground after.
Seems like it holds some water around the lower front somewhere, will be checking next time where this could be.
Anyone else noticed this?
View attachment 238897
Singh, I had trouble with my TDI 4xmotion similar to this.
There are two rubber grommets under the door sills. They usually drain water as you go, It can get blocked up with leaf debris..not from you but previous owner...and it then slowly drains. The ‘grommets’ can be pulled out And thus it drains. Mine was so bad every time aI turned a corner I could hear sloashing!

·
Learner
5,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Singh, I had trouble with my TDI 4xmotion similar to this.
There are two rubber grommets under the door sills. They usually drain water as you go, It can get blocked up with leaf debris..not from you but previous owner...and it then slowly drains. The ‘grommets’ can be pulled out And thus it drains. Mine was so bad every time aI turned a corner I could hear sloashing!
Will check, this baby has been mine straight from showroom and driven around on bitumen only, will check though, thanks bruceallen

1 - 12 of 12 Posts