Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Folks
I changed the fuel filter on my V6 TDI, thought I could do it using the key on and off a number of times (made sure fuel was coming out the bleeder on the top of the filter). Kicked it over, started then stopped. Now it won't start. Does not appear to be any air getting in and diesel shoots out of the bleeder (if you loosen it whilst cranking). OBDEleven says Fuel Pressure Regulation Fault Lower control limit Fault Code 1063. Any thoughts or advice much appreciated.

Font Communication Device Gadget Screenshot Multimedia

·
Registered
'14 TDI Execline
2,076 Posts
Typically, the fuel pump needs to be cycled trough the diagnostic tool (not by key).
No idea what bleeder you're talking about, and no idea what you're working on.
Also, are we just going to ignore the GP faults and such?

·
Registered
2010 TDI
418 Posts
Typically, the fuel pump needs to be cycled trough the diagnostic tool (not by key).
No idea what bleeder you're talking about, and no idea what you're working on.
Also, are we just going to ignore the GP faults and such?
He's talking about a 7L 3.0 TDI.

The bleeder is seen here at time :45 in the video - the center screw in the cap over the fuel filter.

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
Fill up fuel filter with diesel purge. Key the ignition, crank. Repeat. I bet you've got a leak in the canister (o-ring not seated) or canister not filled with fuel

·
Registered
5 Posts
All sorted. Made sure fuel getting to filter and full. Connected a jump start battery, opened the air filter, got my daughter on the ignition key and fed it Start Ya Bastard (aerostart) until it did. Running beautifully now, all engine faults cleared. Air purged.

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
All sorted. Made sure fuel getting to filter and full. Connected a jump start battery, opened the air filter, got my daughter on the ignition key and fed it Start Ya Bastard (aerostart) until it did. Running beautifully now, all engine faults cleared. Air purged.
Jesus, you can't use ****ing ether in diesel engines built in the past 25-30 years

·
Registered
5,238 Posts

·
Registered
'14 TDI Execline
2,076 Posts
Some say
With its ultra-tight tolerances, the CP4.2 does not tolerate anything other than diesel fuel very well. But which unwanted contaminant is most common? Air. That’s right, aeration is the number one killer of these pumps. Whether it be from lack of maintenance, running the truck out of fuel, improper fuel filter installation, or not allowing the fuel system to properly prime after a filter change, nine times out of 10 this is what takes out the CP4.2.

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
OK we will see. The above action was based on advice provided by a trusted vw mechanic. What is the time bomb that I am now expecting?
Any diesel mechanic that recommends ether in a modern diesel shouldn't be listened to

1 - 20 of 20 Posts