Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

New here, and very happy with my 2006 V6 TDI that I have had for a few months. I've also got VCDS, and was pottering about with it yesterday and came across something interesting - the instrument cluster coding shows that it's coded for Europe.

Considering I'm in New Zealand, wouldn't GB or Australia be more appropriate? What will changing this to GB or Aus give me in terms of greater functionality?

Also, I need to replace the left rear lock. I read somewhere that I will need to code the replacement unit, but I've been through all of the settings and I can't find a specific reference to individual lock mechanisms - where would I be able to find this?

Last question - I like having central locking confirmation beeps when I lock or unlock the car. Is there any way of enabling this feature?

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
The instrument cluster coding probably changes the alternate speedo reading back and forth from km/hr and miles/hr.

I have mine set to Europe (I think). Something other than NAR. That way, my alternate speedo reading is in miles/hour and now I have a digital speedometer! I don't know what other functions this gives or takes away.

The lock confirmation may be in the multifunction setup menu. Have you looked there?

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Hmmm... How did you get the digital speedo? I didn't see that as an option.
In the VCDS change the coding to ROW, not north america. Then when you go into the menu you will see alternate speed. This will show digital MPH instead of KPH

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
In the VCDS change the coding to ROW, not north america. Then when you go into the menu you will see alternate speed. This will show digital MPH instead of KPH
Coding is currently Europe, I'm not going near the North American setting, as we don't use imperial measurements in New Zealand, we use KMH. The NA models had quite a few differences, one of them being different HID headlights where the HID was only for low beam, halogens for high. The rest of us got a much better system (IMHO) where the HIDS are used for high and low beams, using a solenoid actuated shield for low beams.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts