Club Touareg Forum banner

Is this dealership full of bologna?

• No, this is a normal and reasonable quote for an alignment.

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently swapped on my set of winter wheels/tires and decided to have an alignment done. The local stealership quoted me $667 for an alignment due to being "equipped with safety systems as ACC and lane change and 360 view." Which they claim will require recalibration after adjustment to the thrust angle.

My previous Volvo had more advanced "safety systems" than this Touareg and an alignment ran $125 at the dealer.

Can anyone confirm what they have paid for alignments on their Touaregs?

Font Material property Parallel Paper Paper product

· Registered
147 Posts
I would try a different dealer. I had three local VW dealers quote me 3 different prices $300, $500 and $650 for a transmission flush.

· Registered
2016 Touareg TDI Executive white/terracotta
593 Posts
Mine charges 150 for every other VW, $250 for the Treg. They recommended a radar alignment but did not require i elect to pay for that, so I didn’t. Sometimes my ACC is a little funky but I use it in situations most people wouldn’t so I think it’s just the nature of being ACC not really any misbehaviors due to misalignment.

· Registered
2017 VW Touareg Executive VR6
155 Posts
Just had (4) new tires put on and an alignment for $159.95 @ VW dealer.

My Mk7 Golf R, they wanted to charge me ~$600 with all the ACC lane keep assist etc becasue the rear toe was out of alignment and they said they needed to re-calibrate radar etc. Sucks balls...
VW charges way too much because the machines they use are expensive so they need to pay for them

· Registered
'14 TDI Execline
3,935 Posts
Ask your dealer to just check your alignment and give you a printout..... not adjustments needed.... should only cost less than an hour, maybe an hour if they really want to rape you (which it's obvious that they do).

· Registered
'14 TDI Execline
3,935 Posts
Which is why I keep telling anyone that will listen to spend $200 and own a VCDS so they can at least have a hint of what's going on without needing to rely on clowns and butchers.

· Registered
11 Posts
I recently swapped on my set of winter wheels/tires and decided to have an alignment done. The local stealership quoted me $667 for an alignment due to being "equipped with safety systems as ACC and lane change and 360 view." Which they claim will require recalibration after adjustment to the thrust angle.

My previous Volvo had more advanced "safety systems" than this Touareg and an alignment ran $125 at the dealer.

View attachment 254791

View attachment 254791
Thats the reason I stopped patronizing my VW dealer in Bluffton SC. A complete rip off on everything they do,

1 - 20 of 25 Posts