Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's getting close to that 5k service. 4500 miles on my TReg so far. Not too bad for a month and a half.

Anyone had the service done?

What should I expect? How long did it take? If it took a while, did you get a loaner? What kind of loaner?

Thanks

· Registered
58 Posts
1st Service

Although it may be different in Australia, My experience is as follows:

I had a 7500K service 2 weeks ago.

I left the car with them for 3/4 of a day

I asked about a loan car when booking the service and they were supposed to get back to me - they didnt. I didn't chase it because I had my fiance drop off and collect the car as she was in the area - shopping.
I was told when purchasing the car that, as per my previous car, a loan car would be made available.

Pleasantly, the cost was around $150 AUD - but I was warned that that would change for the worse by next service...

Car was all cleaned and customer service survey on the seat - all in all, nothing too scary.

· Registered
139 Posts
Mine was done on 7/17 in Portland OR... took about an hour -- $32.95. It's quite possible this was the first 5k service done in the USA, and the 20k I am having performed Thursday will most likely be the first of its kind as well.

C~

· Registered
8 Posts
SUVW said:
Mine was done on 7/17 in Portland OR... took about an hour -- $32.95. It's quite possible this was the first 5k service done in the USA, and the 20k I am having performed Thursday will most likely be the first of its kind as well.

C~
Really???
What kind of oil did they use???

· Registered
53 Posts
Strange !
In Portugal the first service is to be made at 30 000Km (20 000 ml) if you use Long life oil (it means synthetic oil) :shock: - I mean on the TDI R(ight) 5 engine at least!
Still the oil conditions are monitored every 30 seconds by two (2) sensors - they exchange a electrical voltage between (ohmic resistance) them. With the used, the oil properties change (more water in it) and when the ohmic resistance reaches a certain point, the computer provide the visual "service" message.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.