Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had my 5K oil change done at my dealership...$80. and they did NOT use synthetic oil. I thought that was pricey. did anyone else's dealership not use synthetic oil?

·
Premium Member
4,837 Posts
I don't think synthetic is required by VW for the V6 and V8. Considering that the next service is at 10k, it really isn't such a big deal. But if you plan to follow VW's service recommendations; 5k, 10k, 20k, 30k, etc, I would use synthetic for future services.

·
Registered
37 Posts
My dealer has a big sign hanging in the service department that reads: Oil Change - W8 Passat, V6 & V8 Touareg $99.95. I'd say 80 bucks is a bargain. FYI - I will only use Mobil1 0W-40 and do it myself. Well not all by myself, my neighbor is the certified Touareg and Phaeton mechanic for the same dealership. :pelvic_thrust: :twisted: :evil:

·
Registered
110 Posts
I just got in from an Open House at my dealer. I talked to the Master Tech there and he said they use Synthetic Castroil 5W 40. I will probably use the same but Mobil instead.

·
Registered
12 Posts
$70 for 5K service, but I brought my own Mobil 1 0W-40 (9 qrts worth). Basically $40 labor + $28 filter + tax. The dealers charge a lot for putting in their own oil. My dealer wanted $10/qrt to put in their syntheitc. I got mine at Kragen on sale for $3.99/qrt.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.