Club Touareg Forum banner

4c climate system question?

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  compu_85 
#1 ·
I know this is a really dumb question, but how do I completely turn off the climate control system?

I just bought an 08 V8 with 4-zone climate system. There is no apparent "off" button to completely turn it off other than turning the fan all the way down to zero on both sides (but obviously that is very annoying)

I'm wanting to turn it off because the air coming out smells like an old dusty attic. I plan on changing the cabin air filter once the one I ordered arrives in a couple days, but want to shut it off in the meantime.

I've searched but couldn't find the answer,
Thanks in advance

#2 ·
There is a button to adjust the fan and one turn on the AC. If the fan is set in the off position it stays in the off position. There's also a button to control all four zones at once. It's next to the recirculation button. When this is pushed the setting for the driver controls the other three zones as well. It explains it in the owners manual

Reactions: Matttregg88
#3 ·
Thanks!

I just figured there would be a one button option to turn it off (like there is in my GTI) rather than having to just turn the fan down to zero.

Unfortunately, I bought the car used and it didn't come with the manual and I've been searching for one to download on the internet but no luck so far. I can't justify paying for a paper bound one either.

#4 ·
Yup, on the T1 and T2's climate control there's no off button, you select off by turning the fan all the way down. The displays will show Off when the system is turned off.

-J

Reactions: Matttregg88
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.