Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
10,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Came off my V10 TDI. Has a small cosmetic flaw on the drivers side fan control, otherwise functions perfectly.

$50 + shipping.

Attachments

·
Registered
589 Posts
How much shipped to zip 55352? Anything wrong with it other than the peeling button?

·
Registered
96 Posts
What is it with the color/coating on the VW plastic? I have a similar "chip" on the one of my nav buttons on my 04. Are those buttons individually replaceable?

·
Registered
589 Posts
Its called soft touch..it was a rubberized coating that was supposed to make the buttons not feel cheap. But over time they discovered that some chemicals in lotions and cleaners deteriorated the coating and it would Peel. New parts are made with just the hard plastic. Its very common on most VWs in that timeframe. The buttons are not replaceable. You have to buy the whole unit or there is a place you can send it to that redoes them.

·
Administrator
10,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I replaced it because of the chipped fan button...You can't buy a fan button, you have to buy the whole assembly. I am super anal and the chipped paint drove me nuts, so I bought a new panel...I bought just about every black part on the dashboard and replaced it in fact.

So no, nothing wrong with it, functions perfectly...WYSIWYG.

Shipping anywhere in north america is $10, its sitting on my bookshelf doing nothing so I'd rather someone make use of it.

·
Administrator
10,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
pms sent to interested buyers...

·
Administrator
10,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sold. thank you for everyones interest.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
6 Participants
nickm
Club Touareg Forum
We’re the online community for Volkswagen Touareg owners to share knowledge about their VW Touareg Sport Utility Vehicles and more!
Full Forum Listing