Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I amm back.

Just purchased a 16' Touareg TDI Exc.

I figure this will be my last Touareg TDI so I went for the latest model I could find fully loaded.

I bought a Porsche Cayenne GTS and although a beautiful truck and one that drives superb, it lacks in sooo many ways compared to the Touareg. Anyway, sold that one and realized I am NOT a porsche person.

I pick up the thing in a few days. Will post some pics soon. Plans are to lift of course after I change out all the fluids and filters.

My plan is to run this one for 200K miles and then give it to my kid. ;)

Wheel Tire Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Car

Registered
Can't say I'm surprised!

Just make sure you change your underwear at least as frequently as you change your vehicles....... 馃榿

TonyB

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
is the continental extremecontact dws06 on it? How does that run? quiet?
I don't know. I have them on my porsche cayenne and would say they are just OK. They tend to tramline a lot. I am not sure I'd use them again. Not a real big fan of Conti tires in general.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Already getting antsy! Ordered 2" spacers from Alex. Ordering B6 shocks and I have 18" Porsche wheels I may use. Here we go again. ;) Ordering up secondary fuel filter (Fuel Manager). Luckily I only fuel up at Card Lock fuel stations, mainly trucks, commercial stuff so most pumps have filters and the fuel is very good, does not sit long to collect water. Anyway, more pics later of the new one.

Registered
Didn't you already have the spacers and Bilsteins ready to go onto your old one before you sold it all a couple of months ago?

TonyB

Reactions: alfissimo

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Didn't you already have the spacers and Bilsteins ready to go onto your old one before you sold it all a couple of months ago?

TonyB
Sold it all off. That's OK. I want to go B6 route this time instead of B4.

Here are the wheels. Not 100% yet on them but might use them. 18x8. I think they are nice but let's see if it fits the car nicely.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Registered
Yes, go with the Bilstein B6.
I put a set on my previous 7L when I fitted the Alex Gee spacers some 8 years ago, I believe I was one of the very first customer he had as I had to talk him into making a set and full underbody alloy protection.

I also like the wheels, just look a little lightweight to my eye but I'm sure they would be up to spec.

Here's a pic of the stuff I fitted...

Gas Engineering Metal Machine Cylinder

TonyB

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes, go with the Bilstein B6.
I put a set on my previous 7L when I fitted the Alex Gee spacers some 8 years ago, I believe I was one of the very first customer he had as I had to talk him into making a set and full underbody alloy protection.

I also like the wheels, just look a little lightweight to my eye but I'm sure they would be up to spec.

Here's a pic of the stuff I fitted...

TonyB
For sure. The wheels are off a Cayenne so they should be strong enough. I was going to throw them on the 9PA Porsche (7L). Wheels are a 7P number which should be good enough for the 2016 Touareg. Made by BBS. I prefer OEM wheels over anything aftermarket.

Font Gadget Personal luxury car Automotive design Electric blue

Automotive design Font Rim Auto part Tints and shades

Wheel Automotive tire Hubcap Tire Locking hubs

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Very Very happy with this new one. I flew up to Bend OR to pick her up. Arrived at 11:30 at the VW dealer. Got out of there around 12:30. Drove the entire way back to San Diego and arrived at 5am today. Phenomenal car. Sorry Porsche, this car is better. Despite a few things I liked about the Cayenne, this has it beat. Smooth, powerful, comfortable. Cooled seats actually work. ;)

I did not calculate precisely but it was roughly 1 1/4 of tank to get me home over 905 miles.

I got to see Mount Shasta which was insane as I have not seen it for 15 years. Close to the end of the day so it looked amazing.

So happy I picked this thing up. Fully loaded TDI Exc.
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Automotive tire
Wheel Tire Car Automotive parking light Land vehicle
Sky Plant Mountain Natural landscape Highland
Sky Tire Wheel Automotive tail & brake light Car
Sky Plant Mountain Road surface Tree
Sky Car Speedometer Vehicle Mountain
Sky Mountain Cloud Plant Infrastructure
Cloud Sky Plant Mountain Mirror

Registered
Great looking car, great pictures.. but you recently sold your late model egg because you didn't like it. Why go down this path again

Registered
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Great looking car, great pictures.. but you recently sold your late model egg because you didn't like it. Why go down this path again
I did not like the interior being beige. I warned my wife, she did not listen, she now listens to me. ;) I liked the car. I prefer the 2010 though but I am very very happy with this new one. Such a great car not beige interior.

Registered
Ah makes sense 馃槅

1 - 17 of 17 Posts