Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I got a 04 VW tor* with the 4.2, Car starts up fine runs for about 15-20 seconds and then shuts right off. So I'm suspecting it's the fuel pump. Which pump is it that would cause it to die like this left or right? and is that passenger or drivers side pump?

·
Registered
763 Posts
primary pump is on passenger side (right side). Check fuses in pleneum box under hood, #13 & 14 15 amp fuses towards front of box, also check pump relay fuses A6 & C20. Check out DIY on fuel pump replacement at ifixit.com, type in leaking touareg fuel pump. DIY is for leaking pumps but is a great step by step fuel pumps replacement with pictures

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
87 maybe. Now I'm not 100% run that is the correct problem...So the issue I had was it would start and die. So I ended up doing work on this car for a friend. Dealer had said it needed a new mainfold because the linkage arms where proken and it needed a heater core. Well I did my own look over and it just needed the manifold linkage arms and I went ahead and re-sealed the manifold. I also looked into the heater core (customers complaint was that it wasn't blowing heat) Well it was the fan that was shot so I replaced that and fixed that problem.

so after these repairs and a jump, I drove the car back to my firends and it drove fine and didn't die. Well I got a call a day later saying that it was doing the stuff that it was taken to in the first place. It would start run for about 30 seconds and die. Then it would restart no issue, run and then again die and repeat.

So I go back over and I slap my fuel pressure gauge on it and the fuel pressure drops after a bit and dies. I check both fuses and they are good. I swap the relays around and I get access to the pumps and check voltage, and on start up they are both getting 12v. So I plug everything back in, and start it up and it runns for 4 mins no issues for me.

So I have ordered in a passenger side pump and a whole box of confusion.

Ideas anyone?

Also am assuming these pumps are ground side activated?

·
Registered
763 Posts
Check out thread by evilwoobie in Engine,Transmission and Exhaust. 04 Touareg V8 P2632

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.