Club Touareg Forum banner
81 - 100 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
erWin has engine specific manuals.
No need to reference "other" manuals and try to apply their values\specs to ours.
There is no data on any of the Cata or cnrb ERWIN files that refers to your degree measurement honestly this level of scrutiny is insane

my friend I made it very clear this was not our Engines but spoke of the PREMISE
Did you not understand the context ?

·
Registered
34 Posts
There is no data on any of the Cata or cnrb ERWIN files that refers to your degree measurement honestly this level of scrutiny is insane

my friend I made it very clear this was not our Engines but spoke of the PREMISE
Did you not understand the context ?
For your entire data set to be valid... you Must show cata or cnrb Erwin files explaining 00182
and how it applies with a acceptable range TO THESE ENGINES
But see I get what you’re doing and see the context ...... I’m trying to understand the values

·
Registered
'14 TDI Execline
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
Not really sure why you're offended by my attempt as per my initial post to document\obtain data to potentially "validate" what many have been flagging as a tell tale sign of wear. At no point did I reference a manual spec to check against, as I haven't seen one myself. (perhaps it exists, no idea)

Did you read the initial post where I believe I mentioned that the "acceptable value" has been derived from reading numerous posts on forums about the subject and from users\techs\mechanics reporting the readings that they've taken off specimens they've had in the shop or worked on or whatever?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Not really sure why you're offended by my attempt as per my initial post to document\obtain data to potentially "validate" what many have been flagging as a tell tale sign of wear. At no point did I reference a manual spec to check against, as I haven't seen one myself. (perhaps it exists, no idea)

Did you read the initial post where I believe I mentioned that the "acceptable value" has been derived from reading numerous posts on forums about the subject and from users\techs\mechanics reporting the readings that they've taken off specimens they've had in the shop or worked on or whatever?
Yes and it’s why your criticism perplexes me ,
I am currently in search of how this applies to our engines
That’s what these forums are about learning am i wrong ?

·
Registered
34 Posts
And for the record I like the data set your are taking and look forward to your sample size growing
That being said i was just playing the other side basically same argument you had towards me I can have towards your data and application of 00182 since there is no manual stating it’s even relevant .....
But I do think you are on to something 👍🏻👍🏻

·
Registered
'14 TDI Execline
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
I'm pretty sure that's what this whole topic is about, but if you want "validate" the data we are collecting against a manual spec, I don't have one for you..... don't know what else to say.

·
Registered
'14 TDI Execline
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 ·
About the only "validation" I've ever seen, was from a shop owner (at least I think he did this for work) who took a high reading and then went ahead to replace the timing drive (I also believe it was a CATA - so 4 chains) and one of the chains jumped as he was trying to rotate to TDC with the engine out of the vehicle..... I'll try to see if I can come across that post again to share....

·
Registered
5 Posts
I think it is somehow annoying, that a proper chain tension leads to rattle anyway. Or in other words, it might be necessary to change the tensioner quite early to make sure the chain isn’t harmed at startups. Is there anyone who has rattle with very little mikes on a relatively young model >2 015?

81 - 100 of 115 Posts