Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 8 of 196 Posts

· Registered
5,828 Posts
It's common to use vag com with the 2.0 TSI to check for chain stretch also but it's a different method. I'll see if I can do this in a little bit

· Registered
5,828 Posts
On cold starts, you'll get that.... I wouldn't sweat it.
If it keeps up after the first initial few seconds, then I'd start paying attention to it and possibly checking the phase position more frequently. Either way, you've got lots of dieselgate warranty left over, so no need to stress over it much at this point.
Yep

Reactions: Golf Wang

· Registered
5,828 Posts
agreed! And yeah it’s less than a half a second, I’ve never heard the sound continue. And the cars in-service was 5/2019 so my factory PT goes to 5/2029 + 100K and dieselgate to 5/2029 + 120K. Crazy amount of factory warranty on this 6 year old beast.

I chose it because someone on here said “buy the best/newest Touareg with the most warranty you can afford.” Also, White over Terra Cotta TDI Exec and 21” Mallories😛

sorry, back to the program...
Your factory powertrain goes from date of manufacture

· Registered
5,828 Posts

· Registered
5,828 Posts

· Registered
5,828 Posts
Many TDI engines of varies flavors that go into the 300k-400k range with 10k to even 20k OCIs. To short of an interval has actually been shown to increase wear due to the additive pack in the initial new oil. A few UOI on TDIclub forum that has found even a 20k OCI was still in good standing.

Anyway, each their own, I figured I can replace the engine for about the same cost of to frequent OCIs if that rarity does happen.
100%
I would love to see some scientific data on that for sure if available because I'm no spring chicken and never heard that before. In the meantime if anyone wants to buy my used oil at my next change I'll make you a good deal. :D

In reality it wouldn't change much at this point anyway as it's not my daily and after the Allroad we ordered comes in it will be down to a single highway commute once a week to keep it in service and then the tow duties to track weekends, probably won't even have 7000 miles a year.
There's hundreds of threads between TDI club and Bob is the oil guy of people doing oil analysis and hitting 20-30k mile oil changes. Again, research it. You seem to ask for a lot of hand holding on this forum at times.

· Registered
5,828 Posts
Resorting to ad hominem already?

No, I ask for PROOF. There is a difference and I recommend you look into it. You also seem to change the topic when your position is weak. At no point did I dispute the length oil will go which yes is the SECONDARY purpose of an oil analysis, the first being to track wear and identify problems before they become catastrophes. In fact I already stated I know my oil has life left in it and I am ok with that. I even offered to sell you my oil if that offends you so much, I'm still waiting for the check. What I requested PROOF of was the statement that new oil damages the engine. Again I did not solicit the unsupported information that an reasonable person would question so supporting that statement is not my responsibility.

I'm sorry if it surprises you that random postings on internet forums lecturing people and telling them not to question "the science" while providing no actual science is not actual proof or science. So far the only proof presented to support the opinion given was a screaming rant post showing no documentation other than a link to an owners manual for a Cummins diesel RAM and simply asserting they were providing facts with no facts and also addressing oil life (a fact not actually in dispute).

Also note, I did not ASK for your opinion or beg for your input on what I do with MY vehicle that I am responsible for. You and others stood up and insistently and rudely presented your opinions and then act indignant when told to support those opinions. I do not need you to hold my hand when proving YOUR statements. You either prove your statements or don't, if you have no interest in supporting your position than why even take it? I guess it's because internet ink is cheap. Either way if you are annoyed trying to support the stuff you type than feel free to stop anytime, don't try to make it my fault. And trust me, anything more you type on this topic will not be for me because I could care less what you think until you start paying my maintenance bills.
Jesus you must be bored as ****

I've owned TDI's for 15 years now and researched them into oblivion. I've seen the OA's.

You constantly say "I would love to see data on that" and not once have I seen you spent 3 seconds researching on your own. I'm way too busy to be hands holding but have a moment to spare to aim you in the right direction. TDI club and Bob is the oil guy has hundred of threads with millions of miles of OA's on the 2.0 and 3.0 TDI. Spend more time researching and less time spouting useless bullshit.

Almost your bed time I take it. Adios 🤙

· Registered
5,828 Posts
Yeah but supposedly you ran a trucking company forever and a day and yet you still believe that horsepower makes a tow rating and not frame and axle design. So.........

I'm chilled. :cool:

I came here to provide data on my rig to assist the community. That's been done. Moving on.
I never said horsepower makes a tow rating actually. You are the dummy that says you would rather have your low horsepower high torque diesel over something with more horsepower. I simply stated I would take something with more horsepower any day of the week based on my vast experiences.

1 - 8 of 196 Posts