Club Touareg Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
'14 TDI Execline
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Regeneration takes SOOT (aka diesel combustion byproduct) and burns it off. The result is ASH (technically, stuff that can't burn off\down any more).... so think of when you have a camp fire and when it's all done, you have a pile of ash... no matter how much you try to burn that down, there's no combustible stuff left, so it never goes away... you eventually have to dig out you firepit to clean it.

Based on your reported value (check with others with similar engine code and you'll see the massive discrepancy), your system was reset, your ECU was reset, your ECU was replaced, your DPF was replaced, or a combination of those.....

There's no way at that age/milage you have such little ash.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Font Rectangle Parallel Screenshot Number

'12 CATA with ~127,500 mi

no indication on the carfax that anything has been replaced dpf wise, but i have no idea what was done to it by vw part of the fix beyond s/w updates. were they ever in the habit of replacing dpf hardware during the fix?

edit- then i threw in a couple more that i thought would be interesting, and forgot to expand the name on the viewer window so they were legible hah
go figure

21 - 35 of 35 Posts