Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2014 TDI exec
23 Posts
Yes it is original. Im not having any check engine lights or anything yet, but I guess Ill have to do some soul searching where to go sooner than later. I may delete, but I also back into an attached garage, so I and more so my family like the lack of diesel fragrance. My emissions equipment has been pretty solid, only one heater replacement that VW reimbursed, so I dont feel the same need as some to get rid of it. Most likely if I can get this one cleaned, or replace it for not a lot of $$$, id probably go that way.

· Registered
2014 TDI exec
23 Posts
Ill spend a little more time with the vcds and look at pressure values, regens etc. I have noted those parameters for trending and observation, but never really played with it. I would be curious to know what the differential pressure that would become a cause for concern is. FYI up to about 300k km or so I ran the castrol that the dealer supplied. Since then I have been running mobil 507 compliant oil. OCI was typically <15k km, occasionally I would sneak in an extra change if I felt there had been a higher percentage of short trips during winter, or some other more severe conditions. The majority of the driving is highway, and not often towing. I typically only run fuel treatment in the winter if im going to be leaving it outside for a period of time.

· Registered
2014 TDI exec
23 Posts
I do have a screen shot of what I grabbed last weekend when servicing the car - just some limited info. Next time I pull the computer into the garage Ill dig in deeper. It at least gives you the soot mass....
Computer Personal computer Font Display device Technology

1 - 5 of 5 Posts