Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
'14 TDI Execline
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Post your readings along with your milage if you aren't deleted.
Based on my calcs, I should fill mine up around 340K (kms) at the current rate.
I'd be interested in seeing values from those who are over the 200K (miles) mark, or who are approaching it and are still rocking the original DPF, as that seems to be around when it should reach capacity based on the typical use I've seen.

Check MVB in VCDS
IDE00433 Particle filter: oil ash volume = .21
CNRB Mileage: 154289km-95870mi

·
Registered
2010 TDI
400 Posts
I was just doing the math, and it works out to 188K miles to reach 0.46. I don't know that I'll see that as I plan on a delete and tune once the dieselgate warranty is done.

·
Registered
'14 TDI Execline
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wouldn't stress about it until you're closer to that reading.... there's a lot of variables, and we are making a lot of assumptions by discussing things this "vaguely"..... milage\accural ratio is a very simplistic way of looking at it. There a big difference between someone that's doing hwy miles, vs someone that's doing grocery runs, vs someone that's towing, vs someone that's idling 30min daily to "warm it up", etc.

I was going to include my engine run time, but I wanted to keep it simple until we get some more people playing.

·
Registered
2010 TDI
400 Posts
Agreed on the accrual rate. I don't know how it was driven before I bought it, but now that I have recorded a number, I can compare it later knowing my style of driving and type of use.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I stress about DPF ash loads a lot. My T1 software reads in grams with 150 being the limit. At 150k miles I'm reading about 60 g. Almost all highway miles, I try to maintain 2200 rpm where I have continual regeneration, so soot levels are always near 0%.

·
Registered
'14 TDI Execline
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
If your engine is running, soot is being produced. If you have continual regeneration (no idea what that is, but I'll guess you mean passive Regen) you are producing Ash. You need a new hobby. :cool:

Also, if it's taken 16 years to get to 60g, do you really think you'll keep this puppy running and maintained and driving for another 24 years? Because according to my math, that's the timeline you're stressing about with regards to filling up your DPFs. I'll leave the odo calculation to you, as you still have a loooooooooong way to go.

·
Registered
'14 TDI Execline
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just checked my engine run time and driving time just as a refence in case anyone cares.
IDE04095 Engine running time Total:1112H3317s
IDE80039-ENG103805 Analysis 39-Driving recorder total time 10467880 s

·
Registered
'14 TDI Execline
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Doing the math on Engine Run vs Drive Time vs ODO reading.... it doesn't add up.
That run time can't be original as it's too low.... I'll have to dig some more to understand it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts