Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We get an alarm and snow flake at 39 degrees on the instrument cluster. What is the purpose for this? Can the temperature be change to 32 degrees?

Thanks!
Bill

·
Registered
414 Posts
I asked this question a couple years ago. Search ding and my user name, sorry can't figure out how to post a link on my phone.

Upshot of the thread is there is no solution. Stupid ding 39 degrees, really. I am a bit more concerned when there is 8 inches of new snow and a 30 mph cross wind and its 20 below.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
To warn that there could or might be black ice around at this temperature or lower

·
Registered
805 Posts
Its to warn that freezing conditions can exist. Below 39, bridge decks and exposed surfaces can get icy. Mostly, I just find it annoying too. My first reaction is that something is wrong with the car - it's the same ding that sounds when you have an error.....

·
Registered
3,840 Posts
There another chime in the 20s, too. Can't remember the exact number but I will find out soon enough. Doesn't bother me either way...

·
Super Moderator
3,819 Posts
At least cars over here don't go "bong,bong,bong!" when the drivers door is opened.

I would really hate that!

·
Registered
2006 V8 Touareg AIR, nav, hid
4,444 Posts
At least cars over here don't go "bong,bong,bong!" when the drivers door is opened.

I can fix that for you with a VCDS cable. :p

·
Super Moderator
3,819 Posts

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
the temp you see is ambient air temp hitting the sensor.

The road temp can be much colder and black ice is a possibility.

It's a feature that can save your life. If you don't like it, buy a ford and fit slicks :twisted:

Reactions: BenTDI

·
Super Moderator
3,819 Posts
the temp you see is ambient air temp hitting the sensor.

The road temp can be much colder and black ice is a possibility.

It's a feature that can save your life. If you don't like it, buy a ford and fit slicks :twisted:
With you 100%. I was talking about the alarm I hear on almost every American movie that seems to sound when the driver's door is open... If that was a requirement here in AU I would buy a bicycle.

Regards
Stu....

·
Super Moderator
3,819 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,745 Posts
Nice to see a cure is available...
Thanks to VCDS, you can get rid of just about any annoying alarm aside from the temp one! :) I personally don't mind that one though as was said above it will alert you to temp drop that may be cause for black ice conditions. It goes off, quick glance at the dash to see no errors and just a snow flake, all is good.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
actually mine did this the other day and startled me ... between the wife screaming the 2.5yr old screaming and trying to negotiate heavy traffic within an acceleration scenario .... didnt know it did this. Mind you it was becuase i didnt close my door properly as i accelerated to 90kms.

Might need to test again. At the time all i could thing was WTF is that noise ... above everything else i was trying to drown out to focus on the job at hand.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Sorry Holden / Chevy man here ....

In particular the ZZ 502 / 502 my base crate motor dream engine.... but not in a treg ...

Maybe in a scorpion .... that was the previous dream 4 seater with air

If you don't like it, buy a ford and fit slicks :twisted:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.