Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My coworker offered me the stock 255/70/18 All Terrains off his Jeep Gladiator for dirt cheap, only issue is my car is completely stock & the general consensus is 265/65/18 is the largest you can run without rubbing on a stock T1. I looked around but could not find anyone really talking about this size.

For how cheap he sold them to me, I figured I would just give it a shot and hope for the best.. I was thrilled to find out that these 32” tires DO in fact fit on my T1 (V8 on air). They rub the back of the fender liner ever so slightly, so I will heat them up and push them in a tad to remedy that issue.
It is worth noting that I always use “Auto” or ”comfort“ for my suspension setting, and have not tested “sport“ because I never use it, so there might be some more rub in sport settings. I will eventually be doing a lift on it later on down the road.

Here is my before picture. I was running the stock size 255/55/18 cooper discovery tires. Also running 18” Wheels from a Q7.
Wheel Tire Sky Car Automotive carrying rack

Here is the after picture, running 255/70/18 Bridgestone Dueler RH-S tires, on the same Q7 wheels.
Wheel Tire Car Sky Vehicle

Close up shot
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Car

·
Registered
2005 Touareg V8
261 Posts
It is worth noting that I always use “Auto” or ”comfort“ for my suspension setting, and have not tested “sport“ because I never use it, so there might be some more rub in sport settings. I will eventually be doing a lift on it later on down the road.
You can use VCDS to lift the air suspension. I'm not sure if thats what you meant. You can also lower the car that way too.
I also have 32" tires (275/55/20) on my T1 with Air. I didn't have to lift it, but I saw someone else lift it to fit the exact same tire size. He didn't have to, but I guess he wanted to.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can use VCDS to lift the air suspension. I'm not sure if thats what you meant. You can also lower the car that way too.
I also have 32" tires (275/55/20) on my T1 with Air. I didn't have to lift it, but I saw someone else lift it to fit the exact same tire size. He didn't have to, but I guess he wanted to.
I know I can lift and lower via VCDS, but I will likely be going with a Eurowise kit when I decide to do a lift on it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts