Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening everyone! This is my first thread.
I just put 305 40 22 Falken Ziex S/TZ-04 tires on my Rs4 replica rims. The front tires where rubbing so I installed 5mm spacers on the front and the rubbing stopped.

My question is: Do I need to have spacers on all rotors or are the 2 up front okay?

Here's a few pics on how they look.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
great looking wheels! :)

how's the ride quality? and do you have any problems with the front tires? any rubbing when making a U turn?

thanks

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did have a rubbing issue on the front only, but solved it by adding 5mm spacers on the front. I added 5mm spacers on the back to even out the look.

i sold these rims and tires and now have 22' Rinspeed Rep's with Falken ZIEX S/TZ-04 285 40 22 M+S tires. No spacers. the ride is great.

Here's a pic of the Rinspeed Rep's.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
ok, i see.. i got 22x10" replica GTS rims, 60mm offset, and i'm looking to get the same tires you had 305/40-22. but i have 23mm spacers both in the front and the back, so I'm not sure if its gonna work out. when you had your old rims on, did you still have a lil space left when you turn your wheels? you think 18mm wider than what you had would rub?

thanks a lot for your help!
and congrats on your new rims :)

·
Registered
374 Posts
where did you get the rinspeed replicas from?

I did have a rubbing issue on the front only, but solved it by adding 5mm spacers on the front. I added 5mm spacers on the back to even out the look.

i sold these rims and tires and now have 22' Rinspeed Rep's with Falken ZIEX S/TZ-04 285 40 22 M+S tires. No spacers. the ride is great.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Evening everyone! This is my first thread.
I just put 305 40 22 Falken Ziex S/TZ-04 tires on my Rs4 replica rims. The front tires where rubbing so I installed 5mm spacers on the front and the rubbing stopped.

My question is: Do I need to have spacers on all rotors or are the 2 up front okay?

Here's a few pics on how they look.
Those are Q7 reps, not rs4, there is a slight difference but the q7 got rims just like yours, Rs4 size was only 19" and the 2008 S4 got rs4 "style" factory wheels in 18".

It seems illogical to widen your front track beyond the rear, in fact it could even introduce dangerous handling dynamics. I would want equal or wider rear track similar to how rear wheels are sometimes wider than the front, never narrower. I realize sometimes the factory front track is a tiny bit wider, but not by a whole spacer.

To be safest, I'd go with equal spacers.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok, i see.. i got 22x10" replica GTS rims, 60mm offset, and i'm looking to get the same tires you had 305/40-22. but i have 23mm spacers both in the front and the back, so I'm not sure if its gonna work out. when you had your old rims on, did you still have a lil space left when you turn your wheels? you think 18mm wider than what you had would rub?

thanks a lot for your help!
and congrats on your new rims :)
Good morning!

Jalalamin, I had plenty of space when i had the 305 40 22 tires with the 5mm spacers. You should have no issues with your wider rims and 23mm spacers.

You're welcome and keep us informed with pics as to your final set up!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
where did you get the rinspeed replicas from?
Good morning Mina08!

I got my Rinspeed Rep's from a friend that owns a tire and wheel shop here in Houston, Texas.

Can you not get these rims in your area? just curious.

·
Registered
3 Posts

what offset are your wheels?
also do you know if 285/40s would fit on a cayenne?

·
Registered
179 Posts
VW & Audi both have oem wheels 20x9 et60, so a 10" wheel at the same offset would put you 12.7mm further on the inside lip. Also, a oem Q7 21" wheel (dual spoke 6) is a 21x10 with a et44. Your et60 is 16mm closer on the inside lip. Seems tight to me, but do some ressearch.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've been doing some research but can't seem to get any help.
I'm looking at 22x10s 60mm offset for my cayenne.
I'm thinking it won't look flush with the body.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Just bought gemballa wheels 20x10 et60. I'm having 275/40/20 mounted tomorrow and will post pics. I expect it to tuck in just slightly

·
Registered
607 Posts
For your wheels to be flush with the body you will need a 45 offset. I have 22x10.5 w 45 offset and its flush with the fender.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts