Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This happened earlier in the week.

I reckon I can do another 300'000 km without issues.

Now, both dad (V10 Touareg - a.k.a 4eTouareg) and I, are in the 300'000 bracket.

Dad has had considerably less issues than me though.

·
Super Moderator
3,819 Posts
My 2004 v10 should hit 350,000 km this week ....on second engine though...... And 7 batteries in 3 years!! lol
I am surprised at the engine replacement, I would have expected at bit more than that on one...Or am I being too optimistic..?

Stuart...

·
Super Moderator
3,819 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
how long on the second engine nmaoban? and where did you find the replacement V10?
Around 165,000km, really unlucky the timing gear broke a bolt and was wrecked, couldn't find second hand one anywhere and from VW was a crazy price, however, whilst looking for the timing gear, the mechanic had a look at the engine and discovered that the plasma coating on one cylinder was damaged, sooooo I had a look around and found a v10 in Sofia , Bulgaria breaking for spares, it actually had a light front end crash and the owner couldn't be bothered repairing it, engine was fine and similar mileage, checked the engine number with the main dealer and it had 2 new turbos fitted four months earlier at a main dealer!, so decided it would be easier to just change the engine..... The main dealership in Bourgas Bulgaria did it and the total cost in US dollars ( including the engine) was less than $3600!, prices are great here

·
Registered
90 Posts
I've also replaced the transfer case from the other car, again less hassle than trying to get a new chain for the original one.... Most of the jobs are done at a local garage, nothing fancy and very cheap labour , ( most garages here will tackle any repair on any car, plenty of amg Mercedes, Porsche cayennes Etc about for them to practice on! ) there are lots of v10's here they were very popular a few years back so no real issues with repairs or second hand parts.........my car works hard and we can get plus 45c in summer and minus 25c in winter in the ski resorts, It's the best car overall I've ever driven, it has awesome power, comfort, 4wd, etc etc, love this car!!

·
Registered
2005 V10 Tdi Treg , 2012 V8 Tdi Treg, 2008 V10 FSi S6 Audi , 2012 1.4TSi Golf , 1989 Mazda 323 1.3
35 Posts
yep they sure are nmaoban ! and 4epikanini 300k + nice one , mines on 245k do most of my own maintenance just fix problems as I go there only nuts and bolts like any other car...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.