Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! Proud owner of a 2017 Touareg Executive (Black, Gasoline.) New (to me) with only 26K miles. Been in the owner's manual more than I'd care to admit, just trying to figure out how to do all the things. :) My first VW, and I'm absolutely in LOVE.

I came to this forum because I'd like to buy some accessories for it (valve caps, dash protector, cleaning products, cargo blocks, maybe some running boards,) however, there's so many parts sites out there that it's really overwhelming. I started looking through the forums to see if there was a thread that discussed accessories, but I'm having trouble finding exactly what I need. Could any of you point me in the right direction? I'd love to see a list of most popular accessories (specific parts/companies) that knowledgeable Touareg owners would recommend. Thank you! :kiss:

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
There are very few people making anything for the Touareg. Put simply, not enough have been made for after market manufacturers to bother unlike Land Rover and JEEP for example, so choices are going to pretty limited.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That makes me so sad. I’d heard these were popular in Europe. Also, the first one I test drove (2014 Sport) had a dash cover, which gave me the idea to look for accessories. I’m super bummed to hear this. Any leads/recs at all?

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Looks like you'll have to start such a thread for us. It would be a service for the whole community. You could be the fountain of knowledge we were all secretly looking for but didn't know we needed.:grin2:

·
Registered
165 Posts
Congratulations! What part of the world are you from? I have a buddy who has a Black on Black 2016 TDI here in NJ. It's a complex verhicle and there is no shame in delving into the manual- it's the only way to make sure you're getting your money's worth!
I got my VW logo valve caps off Amazon- they have a pretty good selection. There is a section of the forum for cleaning/detailing. I use Lexol for the leather and Chemical Guys for interior cleaner, but there are other great cleaning products. CarGo blocks you can order through the dealer or Ebay- they even come up in the For Sale section every once in a while. VW still has some accessories for it available, such as roof racks, mats, etc. I might have some literature if you are interested.
I'd re-consider the running boards- you just don't need them, and it defeats the purpose of the double door seals in keeping your pants leg clean when getting in and out. Dash Pad is personal preference.
As has been mentioned, there's not a ton of accessories available. There are some interesting projects, such as adding air suspension, parking heaters, and customizations of the on-board systems.
E-bay is your friend, and you can select European E-bay portals to get more selection, but the shipping may make it expensive.
It's really a well-sorted vehicle; one I'm sure you'll enjoy owning for quite some time. You also have little worry of finding an identical one in a parking lot ;)

Hello! Proud owner of a 2017 Touareg Executive (Black, Gasoline.) New (to me) with only 26K miles. Been in the owner's manual more than I'd care to admit, just trying to figure out how to do all the things. :) My first VW, and I'm absolutely in LOVE.

I came to this forum because I'd like to buy some accessories for it (valve caps, dash protector, cleaning products, cargo blocks, maybe some running boards,) however, there's so many parts sites out there that it's really overwhelming. I started looking through the forums to see if there was a thread that discussed accessories, but I'm having trouble finding exactly what I need. Could any of you point me in the right direction? I'd love to see a list of most popular accessories (specific parts/companies) that knowledgeable Touareg owners would recommend. Thank you! :kiss:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks so much for the ideas! I'll definitely check out eBay, as you suggested. I would like the CarGo Blocks, for sure, but I was not really set on the running boards. I thought the dash pad might help cut down on the glare / windshield reflection -- the sun is beastly, down here. Any suggestions on companies for that item?

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Click on User CP to update your profile with model, year and location.

This helps other help you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts