Club Touareg Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last September I installed the following system in my 2008 touareg. When I was shopping for my Touareg I really wanted to find a 2008 or 2009 with a V--8, navigation and Bluetooth. I was in an accident totaled my last vehicle, so I was limited in time frame I had to search for a new vehicle. So I had to scratch the navigation and Bluetooth off my list. In mid-September I went to the best car audio shop in the city I live in, and I asked them to install the best high-end radio with Bluetooth hands-free commands, navigation, a rear view backup camera and XM satellite radio. I told him that I wanted to keep all of the steering wheel controls intact and asked if there's any way that I could add additional steering wheel controls for additional functions. I also asked them to install an iPod adapter into the center console. The Pioneer radio today recommended is absolutely incredible…
The navigation has the most amazing 3-D graphics. The HD radio is really cool. I'm not kidding when I say this radio is incredible. You can pull up Facebook, Pandora, your complete iPod library and some other really cool stuff through another preinstalled app called AHA radio. If you have children the DVD player is pretty awesome to. If I my seven-year-old niece with me, she must have a movie playing, even though she rides in the back seat…
Like I asked, all of the steering wheel controls remain functional and installed this pretty cool steering wheel control add-on that allows me to pick up the phone, hang up the phone, change the source (go from XM to your iPod, etc.) and change tracks or stations and request that the navigation find an address for me or a point of interest.

There is absolutely one reason that I am getting rid of the stereo. In the reason is pretty unique. I have a physical disability, so it is very important that I keep my eyes on the road and my hands on the steering wheel.
Even though the steering wheel controls remain intact and I were able to add additional controls, a lot of the really cool features of this radio require you to use the touchscreen. So unfortunately, I've decided to switch to a more basic navigation system.

I am asking $960 for everything. I have a complete list of everything that I will send, including how much I paid for each item. Because I need to have this professionally installed I realized that I was going to pay a little bit more how much I could buy everything online for. So what I did was search for everything online get the cheapest price I could find and subtract 40% off of the price. This is how I came up $960.
You'll get everything on the list in the attachment including all of the original packaging and warranty paperwork. This is a package deal it is all or nothing. This stereo has only been in my car for three months and removed by the same professionals that installed it. So, everything will be like it's brand-new. I am a very meticulous person, who has major OCD. So I promise that this will seem as if everything is brand-new. I did a lot of research to come up with my asking price and I have to buy a new system, so the price I set pretty firm. That doesn't mean that I will not accept a reasonable offer, but I had a friend offer me $850 so it will not go for less than that. Feel free to ask any questions.

I recommend you watch the following video

Attachments

·
Administrator
10,219 Posts
Moved to classifieds.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I am interested in this unit if it is still for sale

Hello,

I have a 2009 V6 with a factory radio. I am looking to put in a aftermarket nav unit with a back-up camera. If the unit is still for sale I am VERY interested and would love to talk offline about it. Please email me at [email protected]

Thanks in advance,
Jason

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Everything is still available. However, I have decided to replace what I have with an OEM RSN2 or RSN510 and I have not been able to find one. So, currently I am only interested in a trade for either of the two.

·
Banned
7,167 Posts

·
Administrator
10,219 Posts
thread closed at OP request.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.