Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Owners are invited to comment on New Touareg V6 FSi, please relate fuel consumption and reliability.

Mention of mileage, terrain, speeds, driving style will be helpful. Also how this compares with TDi equivalent.

If you are a Toyota/Nissan/Whatever owner, welcome to read but not to post why you feel your vehicle is better. The endeavour here is to find out how owners experience their own vehicles, so please not clog this up with irrelevant posts. :)

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
You will only find vw enthusiasts here.

I have experience of that 3.6 engine in a cayenne. It is a vr6 engine. It has no known issues, averaged 10l/100km over 60'000km and it ran like a stabbed rat when mated to that beautiful ZF 8 speed gearbox. Same box you get in the auto amarok.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My '13 V6 gets around 24 mpg on the highway but the average works out to about 20 mpg. It sees a lot of highway driving, some city driving and all sort of New England weather. Its been very smooth and solid up to 25k so far.

·
Registered
189 Posts
My new to me 2011 VR6 Lux is a great running engine, seems to be averaging about 20 mpg.
Really smooth and if you get into it there is plenty of power for me.

·
Registered
29 Posts
2012 V6 FSI. I get about 20MPG tops. The sound is pretty poor compared to the X5 3.5 and fuel consumption is not that great. I was hoping to get an average 25MPG.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
6 Participants
Mucflyer
Club Touareg Forum
We’re the online community for Volkswagen Touareg owners to share knowledge about their VW Touareg Sport Utility Vehicles and more!
Full Forum Listing