Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just replaced the plugs on my '13 Treg (easiest plug change of all the VWs I've owned). However, after reinstalling the coil packs I noticed that two of them are appreciably higher than others. I'd say about 1/4 - 3/8". The attached picture doesn't do it justice. I firmly pushed them down till I heard a definate click as they engaged the spark plug. I've pulled a few out and reinstalled with the same results. Am I being paranoid and this is normal? I can't remember what they originally looked like. It's the wife's car and I don't want to get one of the phone calls from her.
Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just checked on my '11 VR6 and I can also see the 2 first (from front of vehicle) are "higher" than the other 4. My plugs were just changed at the dealership so I'm "assuming" they've done it correctly. I'd never noticed this before.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Easier than the beetles? :-k High difference is normal, noticed same when doing mine couple months ago.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies, I feel better. Yes it was easier than the Beetles, especially with that #1 cylinder in the back. Though I must admit the Ghia was easier because it had more side room.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts