Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I cant find purge valve (EVAP) N80. Have some pictures from vr6 study handbook but it looks diffrent than my engine. Does anyone know where is it?

·
Registered
174 Posts
No, but it gives you an idea of what to look for.

On my R32, if memory serves me right it's on the back of the engine by the throttle body.

Being longitudinally mounted that puts it on the passenger side.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Bubbling this thread up the top as I am working on replacing parts in my engine bay.

I've discovered that the evap purge valve is located somewhere next to/under the engine air filter.

If I am successful finding it in my T1 v6, I'll post pics here of it's position.

·
Registered
3,523 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi The n80 evap solenoid is at the rear of the engine, not in the RR wheel well. Remove the intake pipe and reach back to find sensor and pull out toward the passenger side for access. Disconnect the 2 wire connector and you'll see the fault for missing n80 so you know it's correct sensor. You'll need small pliers to slide back the spring clamps, and need to pry off the hose, it seems glued on. Be careful of small 1/8" plastic vacuum pipes near by, since they break easy if you crank on them too much. Install new sensor PN#1C0906517A, and clear fault codes. Obviously, check all 1/2" plastic vaccum pipes for leaks and tape-up or replace as desired. Jeff

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for the directions. Even with your excellent guidance, this was not an easy job. It's a difficult spot to work in - hard to reach and be able to use both hands (I'm 63 yrs old :-( ), which is necessary to disconnect the electric plug as well as the vacuum hoses. The new valve I put in came with an extension for the electrical plug - will make it easier for the next guy. Anyway, thanks again!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
7 Participants
pkristop
Club Touareg Forum
We’re the online community for Volkswagen Touareg owners to share knowledge about their VW Touareg Sport Utility Vehicles and more!
Full Forum Listing