Club Touareg Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got the email today that my Touareg TDI is part of the goodwill package where they give you two $500 gift cards.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Got mine two. Plus 3 years road side assistance. I just hope they dont recall mine and do anything to it!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got mine two. Plus 3 years road side assistance. I just hope they dont recall mine and do anything to it!
Yeah I don"t want them to touch it. I do not want to lose power or the fuel economy I am getting.

I just do not understand how this TDI can be affected with the DEF being used.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Yeah I don"t want them to touch it. I do not want to lose power or the fuel economy I am getting.

I think any fix for us will adjust DEF usage. So we use more.

·
Super Moderator
9,562 Posts
]

Because in our case it is set to not use much while we are driving. Only thing that should happen to the 3.0 and 2.0 with DEF is a software update to use more DEF then what we are using now.

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
It's not a big deal to refill the DEF tank. The stuff is cheap, too. Plus, the car will be compliant.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Got my email today as well.

@skeezertdi, as I understand it, there's a bit of code in the ECU that is legal in Europe, but not in the US, and VW just hoped nobody here would notice. I'm not sure exactly what the effect is on emissions.

What are you all planning to pick up with the dealer credit? My 2011 came with the factory tow bar, but does not have a plug, so it probably didn't get the controller either, I've yet to check. If that's the case I'll probably blow it all on that.

·
Super Moderator
9,562 Posts
Just signed up for my "Gift"! :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got my email today as well.

@skeezertdi, as I understand it, there's a bit of code in the ECU that is legal in Europe, but not in the US, and VW just hoped nobody here would notice. I'm not sure exactly what the effect is on emissions.

What are you all planning to pick up with the dealer credit? My 2011 came with the factory tow bar, but does not have a plug, so it probably didn't get the controller either, I've yet to check. If that's the case I'll probably blow it all on that.
Interesting. Thanks for the information. Yeah DEF fluid is cheap and I don't have a problem with putting more of that in more frequently.

I am not sure I really have not shopped around on VW's website.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Anybody have any news on when those of us in canada will be able to sign up??
I went looking last night and nothing. Though i may be screwwed since my Treg is originally from Texas, and came up through Quebec.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Canadian website says my V6 TDI is not affected by the emissions issue.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I heard as of Monday Jan 11 that Canadian Touregs are eligible but the website states only 2.0 l are allowed to apply for the gift. it will probably take them a few weeks to update the website with all of the VIN # . ill try next week to submit. What the heck will I buy at VW for $500??
car is Execline, have a hitch, and roof rack...I do my own Maint as the techs are only looking to make 12hrs in a day and speed thru everything...wonder if they sell gas cards? lol

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have not received a letter but I went online at the US site and was able to apply for the package using my VIN.

·
Registered
557 Posts
I heard as of Monday Jan 11 that Canadian Touregs are eligible but the website states only 2.0 l are allowed to apply for the gift. it will probably take them a few weeks to update the website with all of the VIN # . ill try next week to submit. What the heck will I buy at VW for $500??
car is Execline, have a hitch, and roof rack...I do my own Maint as the techs are only looking to make 12hrs in a day and speed thru everything...wonder if they sell gas cards? lol
Well, as it's a Dealer, maybe we can buy a few of the 8gig USB fobs, I think the're ONLY $35 a pop :)

If I can get this, i'll order parts, filters, some coolant, etc.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I got my notice, too, and registered for my $500 cards.

Sucks, I just spent $1200 last week at the dealer for a set of new tires! :mad:

The "gift" is nice, but I wonder what the extra $$ depreciation hit on my 2012 TDI Exec is? I hate to think about it.

·
Registered
734 Posts
There's an extensive existing thread covering this issue, with more current information.

How about we close this thread...

Reactions: touareg1952
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.