Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Has anyone don't a aux belt change on a tdi 3.0 v6 58 plate as a DIY job, as on my many previous cars I've owned I've manged to do myself with complete ease, but not sure how hard it would be to do on the touareg?
As I would like to do as I'm hearing squealing noises while turning normal driving from the steering.
Cheers in advance.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi, all no need to worry I've manged to find a thread on what i was experiancing. This thread can be deleted, not sure how to delete it myself. My bad!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Managed to fit a new aux belt today, very simple it was just a case of pushing the tensioner down with a T60 star bit, slipping the old one off, and putting the new one on. Didn't have to take the front end off, or Jack the car up nothing at all. Loads of space to do it, just make sure you draw how it goes round before you take the old belt off. Also make sure the new one is sitting fully in the grooves on the pulleys. Should take no more than 15/20 mins max. 3.0 V6 TDI engine.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.