Club Touareg Forum banner

521 - 527 of 527 Posts

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
So....further update for you. I went driving last night ( it was nice and cool like 67 ). No power drops at all. Car pulled fairly well in normal, and did ok on the highway. I hadn't really tried it much before with the tune... popped it into sport mode on the highway and it jumped from 65 to 85 like it was nothing.... and tried a low rpm pull in sport mode and it's almost ridiculous the difference between that and normal now.... before the tune there was a little difference but not much for me. Now its worlds apart....... I'm suspecting that what I actually need is to upgrade the intercooler.... I'm guessing the temps are getting way to high and its pulling timing and etc.... I also need to get a TCM tune. I can get easily 3 - 5 mpg better in below 60 mph driving by shifting in manual mode and keeping the rpms low.... stupid diesel gate tcm tune keeps them high way too often....... hope you figure yours out!

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
You guys running tunes in hot climates should look at your IATs.... might be a good time to start considering upgrades to your SMICs or looking into converting to a FMIC, etc.

·
Registered
150 Posts
You guys running tunes in hot climates should look at your IATs.... might be a good time to start considering upgrades to your SMICs or looking into converting to a FMIC, etc.

It’s been in the low to mid 90’s without about 88-100%(it’s been raining) humidity. Think the intercooler upgrade is going to be needed.

·
Registered
150 Posts

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
IMHO, unless you're willing to do a serious FMIC, I would consider water\meth injection prior to upgrading the SMICs.... but I haven't seen any IAT logs from anyone comparing how much better the Porsche SMICs work compared to ours......

You could also venture into the propane injection world, but once again, we are starting to discuss some serious mods here....

·
Registered
150 Posts
IMHO, unless you're willing to do a serious FMIC, I would consider water\meth injection prior to upgrading the SMICs.... but I haven't seen any IAT logs from anyone comparing how much better the Porsche SMICs work compared to ours......

You could also venture into the propane injection world, but once again, we are starting to discuss some serious mods here....

Think that would only be an option for me if I went with Yrktreg’s hybrid turbo. Right now the Malone pulls like a beast on the highway which I drive the most and I’m happy with it. I had a Snow that I never installed on my Z and the system looked pretty straight forward. A couple people I know had some pretty sophisticated settings for the meth when tuning.... crazy stuff.

521 - 527 of 527 Posts
About this Discussion
526 Replies
22 Participants
NTDI
Club Touareg Forum
We’re the online community for Volkswagen Touareg owners to share knowledge about their VW Touareg Sport Utility Vehicles and more!
Full Forum Listing