Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Service guy did not call me back but parts are in for 9 am diesel fix. Can anyone tell me do I get a loaner and tank of fuel? Thanks

·
Registered
209 Posts
Just ask. If they have them, they give them out. If they don't, they don't. At least that's what the Service Manager at my dealer said.
My dealer requires current DL, Insurance, and a Credit Card.

·
Registered
321 Posts
It depends on dealerships. Even for the ones that do offer free loaners, they will have limited number of those, but If you can wait, you can call and put yourself on a waiting list and only drop off the car when a loaner is available.

and I wouldn't expect a free tank of fuel...

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
they gave me a Q3 and repair wont be done till Monday. Plan on putting 500-600 miles on it going skiing this weekend. It is nicer than I thought it would be. Am I supposed to fill the tank I wonder?

·
Registered
593 Posts
Isn't it normal practice/the decent thing to fill the loaner tank back to the level it was at when you were given the car? After all, the mileage you cover in the loaner costs you nothing but the fuel.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would say on any other loaner car I have. I decided not to go skiing due to Covid might just take a drive up the lakeshore to door county and back. But to be fair you R prolly right everyone is struggling keeping open. My dealer will drop the car off if you buy it. They have no contact service options traffic is lite. The stoplight to go to work it usually 15 deep now I am the only one in the que so few people driving in Wisconsin. (I'm in healthcare an essential service like liquor and car repair).

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just wondered if it was different as it was part of the penalty so that excluded the responsibility to filler up. I will with gloves on, thanks!

·
Super Moderator
9,467 Posts
Fill it to at least the level it was when you picked it up. I just went through this myself a week or so ago when the EGR sensor and cooler went bad. I noticed on the paper work the dealer charge VW for the loaner usage which I thought was interesting. No cost to me other than replacing the fuel I used. You have a good dealer if they gave you a Q3. I got a '20 Jetta R. Was not a bad car though and I got used to the remote start on it. :)

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The Q3 is nice but approaching 100 it falls apart just the whole body shakes but they are eagle tires at 120-130 its scarey. Our touaregs the base TDI is about same price rangenew,45ish? I would take T3 in a heartbeat even if I did not have sun roof and/or driver aid.

·
Registered
9 Posts
You're supposed to get a fillup and adblue drain and top off.

Bought a Touareg TDI lux 2 months before dieselgate broke... bad immediate depreciation.

Just got my this recall done yesterday; SA wasnt very knowledgeable as she kept claiming it was a huge job that would take 2-3 days. I didnt want to argue with her - it's just a sw upgrade. Took about 2 hours before they were calling saying it was done. Biggest problem was after having the settlement letter - they still wanted had to call VW to confirm and get another verbal confirmation (settlement people) even after having a notarized letter. Idiots.

Bring on the check now.

I'll never buy another VW.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
They gave me a fill up also They told me the car would be wiped down. It wasn't they was dust on the steering column. How about you, the biggest difference I see is in engine breaking. Thats a bummer as I do alot of sport shifting. I also will not by a VW product again though this dealer has usually been fine.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I havent gotten to drive enough since.. 10 miles back from stealership service center. Expecting a bit more adblue consumption (really wish it were as easy as my 5series to fill) and a bit more diesel consumption. With everything closed there isnt anywhere to go :(

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Its been more than 3 days when done When does Chase get back to you with form for payout?

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I finally got it. Then the phone number on my account would not register then I was locked out. Will contact VW tomorrow. Anyone have this happen.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts