Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since buying the wife a Touareg I've been searching for my own. After a year and a half and a bunch that had too many problems I finally found one I liked in Kansas City, Ms. I had Bud Brown VW do a vehicle inspection and check DTCs. Flew out and Terry the owner picked me up at the airport and drove us to his house where I did a vag- com, no surprises. Drove back to Utah, 1150 miles in a day and a half and have been fixing the known faults and other misc items. Am excited and happy with my new ride, 07 V8 FSI campenella white with air suspension, factory hitch and keyless entry/start. Thanks Terry?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
WOW ... FSI V8 in Oz would be a dream for me ..... chin chin and cheers to you !!!!

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks to my down under friends

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you want some cool FSI tweeks... search for some of my threads... :)
Will do, just bought some 17" rims today, now to find some nice 265/65R17 AT Tires

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks guys I'll check them out. Car came with 275/4R17 Michelin Latitude 5/32 left and Wheels I bought today are 255/70R17 Toyo Open Country with 6/32 left so I have a little time to shop around before it hopefully dumps on us this winter

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
sorry guys little typo on tire size, car came with 275/45R19's

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Excellent purchase. Did you mention how many miles on it when you bought it?
Mileage was 117000, Paid $8750. Bought VCDS and Bentley Repair Manual. So far I've replaced hood struts, serp belt, valve cover gaskets, spark plugs, adjustable camshaft valve O rings, coolant flush, both differential & transfer case oil changes, engine air filters, cabin air filter, 17" wheels and tires, valet key and 2nd keyfob, 2 oil changes and oil level sensor. Still to do ATF and filter change and remove intake manifold, replace all gaskets and O rings and clean carbon off valves and ports, then I hope I'm good to go for a while, love the ride.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Also replaced front 2 vacuum hoses and will replace 3rd hose that goes to back of engine when I do intake manifold and remove air intake guide pipe.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes, all maintenance done by myself since I have no warranty and I enjoy digging in and getting to know my vehicle.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks n8henn, your new ride looks super clean, I also like the Galapagos color.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.