Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello again touareg family :) happy new year, santa have brought nice mud tire for my T1 V8 :) so happy about new mud boots an i believe these are the biggest tires fitted so far as I've searched a lot and this is the biggest size.
so there are few things you need to know before you put them on.
i have OEM 17'' wheels that are 7.5j with ET55. but ET55 is not enough to clear the upper bolt so you need spacers at least 5mm, but i had 12mm so i have use them, also cause when bought them fitting and balancing them was included in price i took no risks and i took front fender liners and mud flaps off all together cause i knew it would cause problem and i wouldn't be able to drive without damaging anything. so today i enjoyed 1 day of this year and spent few hours fitting fender liners so that tire will have room and not rub anywhere,
so on the first photo you can see the main ''problem'' some kind of vertical metal line that is sticking out a bit so i used angle grinder to cut it off and also i used same angle grinder but with sanding disc to flatten the bottom of the panel cause its covered in thick rubberized coating that can give few mm of room :)
on the second photo you see it cut off and flattened, of course you need to paint it as that place will rust if not covered with something :) third photo shows it painted.
than you need to also use angle grinder with sanding disk to flatten front lower bumper ''lip'' forth and fifth photo shows how much i trimmed off :) only few but its essential :) also when i put most of the liner in i used drill to make new holes to make sure liner is as flat as possible on the metal that i flattened earlier, so now there is only one point that its touching the liner in front an im going to use heat gun to warm it up and reshape it even more, its rubbing only in reverse and 50% of the steering angle :) if any questions feel free to ask :) on the last photo i marked places i drilled to put new screws to flatten it as much as possible

Attachments

·
Registered
2010 TDI w/ air
79 Posts
Nice work and documentation! It looks incredible!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Looks good. I'm working on a Bull bar for my T1. I have to finish some small things first.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks good. I'm working on a Bull bar for my T1. I have to finish some small things first.

Thank you. ? not the bull bar for me but im thinking about costom made bumper with winch ?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I plan on doing a wench behind the bumper. If I go that far with it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Am nearly complete your suggestion though one of the most reputable tyre shop here in Sydney is saying 285 won't work on 7.5inch et55 rim :unsure:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Its great fender liner not in yet, my car pulls to right after lift though did you mod sway bar?

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Its great fender liner not in yet, my car pulls to right after lift though did you mod sway bar?
no, i have bone stock air suspension and no mods done to it at all, only thing i ever changed was sway bars from cayenne turbo front yellow dot and green dot rear

1 - 14 of 14 Posts