Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
I have Terra Grapplers in that size on my '07 and with stock or stock offset wheels you will need 5mm spacers to avoid tire contact with the top ball joint. For aftermarket rims you will need to check clearance.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I also have the Nitto Terra Grapplers in that size on my 05 V8. I have 5mm spacers all the way around. Also, needed to push in the bump outs inside forward front fender liner, both sides (spot where intercoolers would be mounted on twin turbo models). Couple minutes on each side with a heat gun softens the plastic enough to push in / reform the area. With the above modifications, I have no rubbing, great performance from the tires and they look great, fill up the extra space in the wheel wells very nicely.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
I run the 265/60/18 on my V10. They are the biggest you can run without spacers. My tire distributor couldn't believe they would fit, I was surprised when we rolled one up to install, it didn't look like we had a chance. Ran the air up and down with no problems.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
I can't be sure as it may be a trick of the photograph, but you might have your roof bars on the wrong way round.

The bar with the steeper sloping face goes at the front, and the bar with the more shallow slope goes at the back.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Post a picture of your roof bars taken from the side of the car.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
The two black roof bars are on the wrong way round!

The one at the back is the front bar and the bar at the front is the one for the rear!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts