Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are some pics of some Cooper Zeon LTZ 285/50's on 20" x 10" TSW Montage rims. They barely rub the inner fenders at slow speed at 3/4 turns of the wheel. I've run them for 30K miles now...I'm selling them along with the nerf bars and Westin bull bar if anyone's interested..should be in the classifieds shortly. No air suspension on the Touareg. I live near Nashville, TN.

Attachments

·
Registered
239 Posts
Your rims are rubbing with 285s on it? I just brought some 22" 10" wide rims and was told the suggested tire is 285 35 22

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
It has almost nothing to do with them being 285 but instead it's the 50 profile that's the problem combined with the width. 35's would be no trouble and even 40's would be fine. The stock diameter is about 29" so when you go to a 31" tire, which is close to the one he has above plus that width, it's an obvious problem and he never should have had them on there.

I've had the same tire on an LR3 a few years back, well we tested it at a tire shop and it didn't leave enough clearance and the LR3 has more space than the Touareg in the wheel wells and tight spots. 275/45x20 would be more appropriate or 285/35 or 40.

The really wide tires do look pretty cool on the Touaregs though I must admit.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Nice. I was damn close to running that exact tire and size on my 20x9's, but decided that it just wasnt gonna work. Stuck with the 275/45/20's. Good call on my part. Haha.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What do you mean I never should have had them on there jwestpro????? They just barely rub on the plastic inner fender skirts. With a little help, they didn't hit anything.....besides they are monsters and I love the way they look. I think I did what most people want to do...they search the forums for "largest size tires", but then go one size down, just to make sure. Other than just the plastic, they didn't hit anything. And this was only at a slow turn at 3/4 wheel cock. I hate the large fender well gaps that the 255/55r18s give...I even replaced those with 265/65r18s.

·
Registered
141 Posts
My friend Jimmy will be able to come by this week. Unfortunately, I lost your message with you address and phone number on it. Can you please resend? Thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts