Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2013 V8 R-Line
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning everyone,
Currently I have Nitto Terra Grappler All terrain tyres on my Treg and after 75k of driving, they are getting towards the end of their life so I am starting to look around for replacements. Obviously, I can put the same ones back on but I am wondering whether anyone has tried something else that they highly recommend. I haven't really had any issues with the nittos actually, although they aren't super nice in the wet over the past couple of years. Taking the fact that I have 800nm's to play with, they can understeer in the wet. I know that General Grabber have an all terrain tyre out called the AT3 that is an option also. I was going to try the Cooper Xeon LTZ but they don't make them in that size anymore so they're out. Look forward to seeing if anyone has any recommendations.
Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
2013 V8 R-Line
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’m fitting Pirelli Scorpion AT2 to my 18 “ Spare wheels. Get really good write ups but a bit expensive
Yeah, but that's in an 18". I specifically need a 275/45R20 tyre.

·
Registered
2013 V8 R-Line
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
20's offer very short sidewall awful off-road and very stiff on hard pavement.
Well, considering that I had 21's on there from the factory, I've actually got more sidewall, and I haven't had any dramas off road with these tyres that I have on there now so I'm not sure where your logic is! Plus I need good on road characteristics with some off roading capabilities. Best of both worlds seeing as though I spend 98% of the time on bitumen.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Well, considering that I had 21's on there from the factory, I've actually got more sidewall, and I haven't had any dramas off road with these tyres that I have on there now so I'm not sure where your logic is! Plus I need good on road characteristics with some off roading capabilities. Best of both worlds seeing as though I spend 98% of the time on bitumen.
Hi. I changed my standard 285/40/21 for 265/50/20 cooper discoverer all terrain tyres. This gave me another 18.5 mm sidewall height and the tyres perform well on dirt and bitumen.

·
Registered
2013 V8 R-Line
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi. I changed my standard 285/40/21 for 265/50/20 cooper discoverer all terrain tyres. This gave me another 18.5 mm sidewall height and the tyres perform well on dirt and bitumen.
I had the standard 275/40R21's when I bought the car but kept the same 275 width and went to 45 sidewall ration because that's what the size is on the 20's if they're standard.
How have you found going to the 265/50R20?? What are the tyres like? Got any close up pics? Cheers.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I had the standard 275/40R21's when I bought the car but kept the same 275 width and went to 45 sidewall ration because that's what the size is on the 20's if they're standard.
How have you found going to the 265/50R20?? What are the tyres like? Got any close up pics? Cheers.
I am very happy with the tyres so far. Not noisy at all and not as hard as most all terrain tyres. Have done approx 13500 klms so far and rotated at 10000 klms. Regards Garry

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts