Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I am looking to equip my 2008 Touareg 2.5TDI R5 with new A/T tires. Currently running stock 255/60R17 tires.
Though availability here is very limited, I've got a really good price offer for 255/65R17 FALKEN WILDPEAK A/T AT01 which has pretty good reviews.

My question is this ok to fit tires 255/65R17 instead of original 255/60R17? (5% increase in the size of the sidewall gives me 1 inch increase in overall wheel diameter - higher tire).

I understand that there will be slight difference in speedo reading, my questions is more about fit and suspension and other important effects of this change.
Has anyone tried this here (i'm sure someone here did) - please share your experience.
I have to give them an answer tomorrow if I am buying the 255/65R17...
Thanks!!

Comparison chart: https://tiresize.com/comparison/

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
No problem fitting that size, it will give you 1/2" increase in height and other than your speedo being closer to "true" speed you will have no other issues.

If you do a search you should find a thread which has includes spreadsheet listing the various tyre/rim sizes that people have run on their touaregs.

TonyB

·
Super Moderator
9,562 Posts
You can go the whole way up to a 70 series tire if you are looking for an even taller tire. I run 245/70/17 on mine and they ride well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
For sure that will work, I have this friend in our club that is also equiped with 255/65R17 and he's not having any issues about it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
On my treg v10 i put M.T. baja atz 275/65 r18 . Front tire and upper balljoint no space for my finger !

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you all for the replies! It helped me to solidify my decision to put the 255/65R17. I am going to buy them today and will post the photos later!

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
As above, perfectly okay.

Check your speed on a flat road against a GPS device and you will find, as above, the speedo is more accurate.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hey

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts