1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi happy Toaureg owners!
Sold my car, have tires left.
OZ 22'' wheels, made in Italy!
Have some curb rush, but nothing serious.
Rim size 10 J x 22 x H2 ET40, 5 bolts, rim is a double hump design,
Tires are 285/35/22
Will fit Touareg, Cayenne, Audi Q7, Mercedes - Benz Ml, GL, G, and many other cars.
Asking price is only 1200 for whole set. Can ship them, but would prefer local delivery/pickup. I am located at Arlington, VA.
Please email back if you have any questions or suggestions.
Thanks.

Attachments

·
Supreme Member
2,372 Posts
No, I mean on pic 5 the front wheel has a different tread, the middle 2 have the same tread, and the last wheel has a different tread.

TREAD not THREAD :)

·
Dark Lord of the Sith
1,278 Posts
No, I mean on pic 5 the front wheel has a different tread, the middle 2 have the same tread, and the last wheel has a different tread.

TREAD not THREAD :)
In other words...do you have three different brand tires on these wheels? I agree they look all different....except the middle two.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, i got it.
Yes, 2 are pirelli, other 2 different brands.
I'm at work now, cannot remember what other brands.
I can look it up when i'll get home.

·
Supreme Member
2,372 Posts
ThePhoenx said:
I totally agree. Maybe two and two but not two one and one
Absolutely not two, one, & one. I'm not sure personally but wouldn't it be weird to drive with those different treads or would it be unnoticeable to the driver?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So 2 are Pirellis Scorpion, 1 is Nexen Roadian HP, and Sumitomo HTR Sport. As long as you have 2 tires with the same thread on one axle, its fine. More or less professional mechanic at tire center or shop will balance all 4 of them so they all will match incase u will have any concerns about your driving experience. In the worst case scenario u can buy 2 tires slightly used from ebay for 100-150 each, and be happy with this 22's. IMHO

·
Registered
637 Posts
It is a bad idea as 2 odd tyres on the rear do this/these--
  1. Cause the diff to work hard as the rolling circumfrence will be slightly different--Had a subaru which whined like a bitch due to this, changed the tyres and not so much a hum or whine.
  2. Also if the two tyres on the back are different to the front then it causes the centre diff to whine and in locked mode causes transmission wind up which is very--very bad (2 axles connected rigidly trying to rotate down a road with different circumfrance between front and back --one set tries to turn faster than the other but the centre diff wont allow that--shafts and diffs get put under imense stress and something has to give which is usually the tyres will scrub on the lightest axle--but with 2.5 ton sat on them takes a lot of force to do that.)
  3. Then odd tyres on the front, again causes the diff to whine, but more importantly the steering is not balanced so the car will pull to one side and braking is imbalanced as a heavier tyre carries more momentum--this is being extreme but it does happen.
  4. If you have 4 identical 60-80% worn tyres, get a puncture and you put a same brand brand new tyre on--the same issues arrive-- the older have shedded/lost 'X' many hundred grams and 'X' many Cm of diameter so it is advisable to replace at least 2-- then you get to the problem back in number 2--Thankfully the designers design these with enough tolerance to cope with minor differences caused by wear and tear.
But as the seller says, sell the odd ones on ebay and buy 2 of the matching brand to the other 2--easy and a nice set of wheels to boot.
Graham

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.