Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had this done recently.
Had a vision and went for it. Love the look and the ride is good...
I was worried about it being really uncomfortable but it is not. I have had a couple of passengers agree. It's definitely not as luxury as stock to me, but passengers who hardly ride in the vehicle as often didn't even notice a difference. However, it is sportier. My girl drives a Buick Enclave and it compares more to that ride when hitting bumps and what not. I am definitely happier with handling. I was looking for less body roll on braking, acceleration, and turns and this was an upgrade.
I am noticeably lower when sitting in the egg too. I used to be level with most stock trucks, I am now more like the common crossover in height. Similar to the Enclave and the Jeep Compass.
Overall I think the spring and tire combo make for a good ride.
I can see where coilovers probably offer a better ride but price comparison is the factor there. If I don't like them as time goes by, I can look into the option that @diirk has goin on from Scale Suspension...

I was going for sporty while hopefully maintaining some of the utility side. So I took a chance with the Coopers. I love them on @nikoloz egg.

The downside I have experienced is a slight drop in mileage. I'm still figuring this out but I think I lost an average of 2 mpgs...
For now I am going to enjoy the style and try something different...
I will try to post more after a wash. Wheels are: Niche m129.

Attachments

·
Registered
499 Posts
Really like the look of those. Well done!

Reactions: J0face

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Correction: My girl drives a Buick Encore! Not an Enclave... BIG difference in ride quality.

As for the road noise, I can barely hear them at speeds less than 20 mph. Other than that it's pretty unnoticeable. @new2treg

·
Registered
786 Posts
I like the look of the rims. Im a little confused though - you dropped the Treg for better handling, but you put off-road tires on it. That somehow doesn't compute. If you are going to take it off-road, you compromised ground clearance. If you are going to keep it on road, you compromised mechanical grip. Or was it purely for aesthetics? Don't get me wrong - I like the look.

Reactions: J0face

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
These are my first A/T tires. They DO drive different than road tires but that was a learning curve for me. What I like is that I feel confident in handling with the lower stance but I also feel confident going over anything with the A/t tires.
Usually after going lower you have this feeling that you have to slow way down to not bounce over bumps, speed bumps, and pot holes. I feel that these tires still allow the confidence that the SUV was supposed to even after being lowered.
To tell you the truth, it was a stab in the dark. An experiment. I ended it liking it. Only time will tell... Looks helped the decision but the drive speaks for itself.
I do notice that the A/T tires grip well in corners, but some nice summer tires would probably grip even better. You can feel the rubber sort of shift or wiggle on sharper turns.
It definitely looks like a confused Egg...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had this done recently.
Had a vision and went for it. Love the look and the ride is good...
I was worried about it being really uncomfortable but it is not. I have had a couple of passengers agree. It's definitely not as luxury as stock to me, but passengers who hardly ride in the vehicle as often didn't even notice a difference. However, it is sportier. My girl drives a Buick Enclave and it compares more to that ride when hitting bumps and what not. I am definitely happier with handling. I was looking for less body roll on braking, acceleration, and turns and this was an upgrade.
I am noticeably lower when sitting in the egg too. I used to be level with most stock trucks, I am now more like the common crossover in height. Similar to the Enclave and the Jeep Compass.
Overall I think the spring and tire combo make for a good ride.
I can see where coilovers probably offer a better ride but price comparison is the factor there. If I don't like them as time goes by, I can look into the option that @diirk has goin on from Scale Suspension...

I was going for sporty while hopefully maintaining some of the utility side. So I took a chance with the Coopers. I love them on @nikoloz egg.

The downside I have experienced is a slight drop in mileage. I'm still figuring this out but I think I lost an average of 2 mpgs...
For now I am going to enjoy the style and try something different...
I will try to post more after a wash. Wheels are: Niche m129.
Hi, I was just wondering if you can share your experience with the tires Cooper Zeon LTZ. How are they in terms of durability/wear and wet and dry cornering and noise ?
Note that i don't plan to do much off-roading, but i really like the look they give.

What i've been reading on web is that people have mixed experience with them so wanted to ask from an actual owner with a t-reg.

Thanks!

·
Registered
745 Posts
I'm curious too. I was considering a set of the Cooper LTZs, I also found General Grabber G2 (or was it G3) available in the stock 275/45R20 size. I'm curious how they are in snow or mud and most importantly rain. I'm looking for a go anywhere tire. The ones I have now seem decent in the snow, rain, but not so much in mud.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts