Club Touareg Forum banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Learner
5,023 Posts
So, it seems there are some that are keen to do this around winter 2020.
Easterners can rendezvous at Alice Springs and meet up with the Westerners after traversing the Tanami.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Sounds so good. All I hope for that the dates will work out for me. Also if you’re coming through the Tanami the Bungle Bungles are a must and a fun drive into it. Lots of turns and up and down
Hope to be part of it and meet many tregers

·
Learner
5,023 Posts
Sounds so good. All I hope for that the dates will work out for me. Also if you’re coming through the Tanami the Bungle Bungles are a must and a fun drive into it. Lots of turns and up and down
Hope to be part of it and meet many tregers
Done the bungles and the Tanami before, and happy to do it again :)
Depends upon everyone and time we have..will have to start getting closer to details now
As for timings let align as best to make it easy for everyone, most

·
Registered
25 Posts
We are possible starters for the trip. We're retired so time is not much of an issue, just have to think of the expense but it is on the bucket list.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Need to firm up the location first:oops:

·
Learner
5,023 Posts
Between May to September is the best time.
How does July sound to everyone.
Easterners Meetup at Alice Springs and take the Tanami across to meet up the folks from WA etc

Reactions: Steve_L

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hey Singh, Have been following the forum regarding next muster. We enjoy the Treg Musters and would like to make the WA trip into our calendar in 2020. We did the big Lap including WA starting June 2015 with Treg and Caravan but would be happy to meet in Alice and explore more of WA wherever our caravan can take us . Our daughter with Prado/Patriot is taking kids out of school beginning July for 3 Months and we going to tag along for a bit dependant on dates we could make it work.We will need to get a plan together so as soon as we can finalise some dates/locations we can make a comittment. regards OLIE.

·
Learner
5,023 Posts
Hey Singh, Have been following the forum regarding next muster. We enjoy the Treg Musters and would like to make the WA trip into our calendar in 2020. We did the big Lap including WA starting June 2015 with Treg and Caravan but would be happy to meet in Alice and explore more of WA wherever our caravan can take us . Our daughter with Prado/Patriot is taking kids out of school beginning July for 3 Months and we going to tag along for a bit dependant on dates we could make it work.We will need to get a plan together so as soon as we can finalise some dates/locations we can make a comittment. regards OLIE.
G'day Olie
Hope you're well and good to know that could be joining as well.

I am definitely keen to get out and explore that part of the country with fellow treggers, but have a problem, the dates are clashing with the Tasmania to Darwin rally I want to run the Touareg in this year.
It has been on my bucket list for a while and now the stars are lining up.

Doing two large trips could be a bit too much for me.
So would be great if someone can take the lead here and help put it together.
Or I could still help plan it all

·
Premium Member
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
So who is taking over organising this muster?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm interested in joining the muster but it will depend on a few planets aligning correctly. Some questions that I hope someone can answer for me...
  1. I am assuming that all food and some water for the 2 weeks will need to be carried with me? If not, approx. how many places will we stop in to refresh supplies?
  2. What Touareg spares would be considered essential to carry on such a trip?
  3. Has a certain date been set yet? (I need to ask my boss for the time off and I need to give him as much notice as possible if I am to have a chance of him saying 'Yes'.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
At the moment it seems we are a ship without a rudder.
Singh has indicated he is willing to help but won't be attending, SOOOOOO, it seems we are waiting for someone to put their hand up to take on a leading role otherwise it will not happen.
In my view the leading role should preferably go to someone, if willing and able, that has already done at least some of the trip or has some first hand knowleage of the north west of this country.
Anyone game?
TonyB

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi all,
For the benefit of whoever is willing to volunteer to organise, can someone summarise what is involved? eg
Booking accommodation where required
Are there any shared costs requiring reimbursement? How would this occur?
Is sponsorship a thing? If so, how much, for what and what financial arrangements occur?

What else do we need to know and do?

Perhaps a previous organiser can help us out with that info?

Cheers,
Brett

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi Folks, just joined on here.....
I have already done the Karrajini run....however,

I would be keen on the south coast Albany, Bremer Bay, dingo Beach, Castle Rock...lots of places o get the Touareg dirty...looking for some accommodation this Easter break if anyone is keen to join...

·
Registered
43 Posts
In light of travel restrictions into the NT and no one in a position to organize the 2020 muster I'm assuming it wont go ahead. I'm currently in Darwin on family business due to fly back to Adelaide on tuesday before they close the border into NT for unnecessary. We were to travel with our van back up on 14 April but that is now unlikely. We may look at travel into WA but things are changing so fast that could change as well

·
Super Moderator
2015 R Line V8
2,020 Posts
Steve,

Thanks for the response.

Yes, given the present ever changing situation, I would guess the Muster is postphoned at this stage to a date to be determined.

Everyone stay safe please.

·
Learner
5,023 Posts
Makes sense, hope to reconnect at some point in future.
For now wish you all the best, we all have to do what it takes to stay safe, for us and for others

Reactions: Steve_L
41 - 57 of 57 Posts