Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Premium Member
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)

·
Learner
5,023 Posts
Hi All,
At the Bega get together we discussed where we could head out next and Pilbara was proposed.
So kicking it off to see who’s keen for a WA adventure next year to check out some parts of Pilbara - Karajini stands out ofcourse. Equally Bremer Bay and surrounds could be considered.
And given the terrain it would have to be in the winter months.
What I can assure is participation, sponsorship from Volkswagen Australia. ?

Given the location I would think it would be a week there for the muster and the rest travels to and fro.
So who’s keen for a WA adventure?

·
Super Moderator
2015 R Line V8
2,020 Posts
Spoke to my co-pilot about this the other night, and Pilbara is on our bucket list, and mid - 2nd half of next year fits perfectly.

In.

Reactions: Singh

·
Registered
125 Posts
I am a starter. I am new to this group and haven’t been on a muster. If you can describe the preferences for the venue I can suggest destinations. Eg how many, cost, length, power, water?

·
Learner
5,023 Posts
Hello Singh. New to the forum but me and Helen have finally brought our Touareg and would be more than happy to join if all is good. Ian.
Great, welcome Ian! Which Touareg have you got, would be good for you to join of course....

·
Learner
5,023 Posts
Spoke to my co-pilot about this the other night, and Pilbara is on our bucket list, and mid - 2nd half of next year fits perfectly.

In.
We finally get to cross the line over to your territory Steve :)

Reactions: Steve_L

·
Learner
5,023 Posts
I am a starter. I am new to this group and haven’t been on a muster. If you can describe the preferences for the venue I can suggest destinations. Eg how many, cost, length, power, water?
Hi Imor, Welcome.
We'll plan and share this so everyone has the details to work around it.....I am equally interested in driving across the nullabor, checking out Bremer bay surrounds and Pilbara.
Will work to narrow it down.

·
Learner
5,023 Posts

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Ann and I already have talked about doing WA next year.
As a suggestion, can we determine which area shows early preference as the two areas in different climatic zones which determines which month the muster is best held.
It seems Braemer Bay is best visited during early summer onwards and the Pilbara best in the cooler months, May through October, for people travelling from the eastern states that question needs to be answered before we get to determining dates and other details.
Its a bloody long way to go at the wrong time especially if travelling against prevailing winds, heat etc. which makes our Touaregs work harder than needed especially when towing a big rig.

TonyB

·
Registered
125 Posts
Yes the month is important for the weather but also popularity. Bremer is one of many options on the south coast Esperance, Hopetoun, Cheynes Beach, Albany, Denmark Walpole all have advantages.
in the Pilbara it is a bit tricky Karajini is a great place but I am not sure it is good for this purpose. It could be sponsored by Bridgestone! The Ningaloo Reef is also fantastic with a range of options.
Ian Perth

·
Premium Member
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ian, very well stated and totally agree with you, especially if there are “kid Treggers” in the group. Having said that, I can see the magnet of the Pilbara to interstaters! Singh, if going to Karijini, a week might be a few days too many. Just my thoughts, don’t want to derail the train.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Whoa! I'm interested in principle.... but scared life will get in the way...
What am I saying - we're talking about LIVING!
Might be time for a sit down to chat this though with Mrs gldgti :cool:

·
Learner
5,023 Posts
Ian, very well stated and totally agree with you, especially if there are “kid Treggers” in the group. Having said that, I can see the magnet of the Pilbara to interstaters! Singh, if going to Karijini, a week might be a few days too many. Just my thoughts, don’t want to derail the train.
Not if we rendezvous at Alice Springs, drive across the Tanami(lovely drive btw) spend a night at wolf creek crater and then head across to Karajini to explore, finish off there.

Reactions: Coight57

·
Learner
5,023 Posts
Whoa! I'm interested in principle.... but scared life will get in the way...
What am I saying - we're talking about LIVING!
Might be time for a sit down to chat this though with Mrs gldgti :cool:
Cmon Adrian, not easy to take time out but lets make it happen!

·
Super Moderator
2015 R Line V8
2,020 Posts
So, I tried to tidy the thread up, given the cryptic methods we have to use now with this (damn) new forum software.
I'm sorry if I have made a botch of this, but the intention was to get Singh's post to the top, but I cannot do it.

So, I am going to delete all posts prior to Singh's first post, and just give footnotes, that "wannabe" (Werner) has given some info re Bremer Bay and the surrounding areas:

Suggestion: gtg Bremer Bay Western Australia (180km north east from Albany). Besides beach driving, fishing, etc, take a boat trip to watch the Orcas in the Bremer Bay Canyon - google re info.

Forgot to mention- only January to (about) April. Close to $400 pp, but WELL worthwhile!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Great, welcome Ian! Which Touareg have you got, would be good for you to join of course....
Hi Singh.
I have a launch edition with Innovision etc. There is no way to choose those in your profile for this group. Previously drove a Ford G6E. Very happy so far with the exception being lack of DAB. It defies logic that this is not included.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts