Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone advise if this Vehicle does have a Stop/start function? The manual says it does and it should function by default. I had a 2015 Toureg 180 TDI and this had this feature but for some reason the new spec, the 190 Premium, which I have just purchased, does not seem to have this. I have asked the dealer, but damn, they are clueless!!! its now 3 days and they still have nor come back to me to confirm if this does have a stop/start feature??

Any can confirm if this car has it?

VW Toureg, 2019 Premium.

·
Registered
2011 Touareg VR6 FSI
609 Posts
As I understand the stop/start feature:
If you come to a stop and the engine shuts off, then starts up when you go, your vehicle has this feature.
if it doesn't then either it just doesn't or it has been disabled via a program/adapter like VCDS... if it's possible with that vehicle.

·
Registered
264 Posts
2020 Touareg (Aus delivered) doesn't have stop/start.

Pete

·
Registered
55 Posts
The 2019 Launch model does not have the stop/start feature. I believe it is because the engine spec is as for the Amarok (Euro 5 + or something like that). The manual describes it as a feature but the button placement on the centre console is a blank. I would think the feature will return when the up-spec engines are approved.
I fitted my TowPro brake controller switch in the blank spot.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Can anyone advise if this Vehicle does have a Stop/start function? The manual says it does and it should function by default. I had a 2015 Toureg 180 TDI and this had this feature but for some reason the new spec, the 190 Premium, which I have just purchased, does not seem to have this. I have asked the dealer, but damn, they are clueless!!! its now 3 days and they still have nor come back to me to confirm if this does have a stop/start feature??

Any can confirm if this car has it?

VW Toureg, 2019 Premium.
In the new Touraeg, some features display in the screens but are not in the Australian version e.g. tow assist. Clicking on it does nothing. The car owner manual also has features that are only available overseas. I've found the only way to check is to download the pdf off the website. If it is not on that, it is not on the Australian version despite what the manual or salesmen say. Hope this helos.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
The 2009 does not have stop start either ...... Maybe if you have concerns Vagcom will do awesome stuff also ;);)

·
Learner
4,919 Posts
nope, it doesnt

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
nope, it doesnt
Ooo !! Disappointing ... thats like taking candy away from a baby.... you always hope for more dont you ...

·
Registered
2019 Touareg
13 Posts
Thanks Steve. It looks good, like it was always meant to be there. Well done. I haven't had the tow bar fitted yet, the switch is much better and accessible there than in the dash somewhere.

Wayne

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Steve. Nice looking installation. I'm about to attempt the same. Did you do it yourself? If so, where did you mount the actual controller, and how did you run the cable from the knob to it?

Any info will be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks, Mal.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Mal,
I didn't do it myself. The Sparky hadn't seen the 2019 model before and there is no obvious place for the control knob like there was on the 2015 model. He didn't really want to drill the under-dash panel if there was a better way. When he rang Redarc, they told him to use the spare slot on the centre console. I wouldn't have been confident in taking the whole thing off and I never saw how he did it. I have to say though that there is no trace of it ever coming apart. He did it perfectly.
He told me he fitted the TowPro unit behind the panel in front of the driver's knees, next to the fuses.
If you are going to fit the unit yourself, you will need to run the blue wire to the back of the car, because the pigtail lead has only 3 wires, not the full 4 that are needed.
The only potential issue with this central mounting position is unwittingly putting something on top of the knob and applying the brakes. I think being aware of this possibility is probably enough but I have made a knob like a doughnut with fits over the control knob. It enables me to put a finger on the button when needed but does not grip the knob to cause rotation. I haven't tried it yet to see whether it is actually needed.
Hope this helps
Steve

·
Learner
4,919 Posts
I thought the headlight switch panel location, similar to 7p model would be suitable to have a discreet install

·
Registered
55 Posts
That's initially what I was hoping, but there is a daylight sensor in that region and no room behind the panel to fit the switch.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Steve thanks thats loads !! and appreciated :) :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Steve many thanks for the info. Really helpful. I'm about to start on the installation today and try the same location your sparky used. I'll post here how it goes!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hi Steve, since you have the Premium, another quick question lol...(My Local VW Dealer is so so clueless)....

Does the tailgate in the Toureg premium models (2020) have convenient opening and closing? ie, when your hands are full, you move your feet just under the car for the tailgate to open? The brochure says so, but it dont think it has this feature?

Can you pleas verify??

Cheers and tks

·
Registered
55 Posts
I don't know whether that feature is fitted, but I would be very surprised if it was not, seeing as how it is a fairly common feature on much lesser cars these days. I had my towbar fitted by the dealer, and that accessory automatically overrides the auto open feature, for safety reasons. I wouldn't want to accidentally open the tailgate onto my bike carrier etc, so that's why it is done that way.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts