Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Learner
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got to checkout the latest Touareg in Auckland, it was the base model 180kw version so nothing to get excited about.

It didn’t have any bells and whistles at all so looked basic and kinda unappealing.

Interior bit simple and plasticy. Ride was ok.

Look forward to the loaded v6s which is 210kw and even better the v8

Attachments

·
Registered
820 Posts
Are they offering it with the TDI? Is the exterior any different from the 2016 and 17? I hate it when we in NA don't count with the best products VW puts out.

·
Learner
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are they offering it with the TDI? Is the exterior any different from the 2016 and 17? I hate it when we in NA don't count with the best products VW puts out.
All TDIs no gasser.
New platform, shape

Attachments

·
Learner
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
is the V8 actually coming? I heard different.
From what the dealer said it seems there will be one Steve
They also had the all electric golf on sale here already

·
Learner
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
58 Posts
Can't seem to open the thumbnails, just get the spinning wheel of death, for hours...!

·
Registered
820 Posts
GREAT TO HEAR THE TDI LIVES IN THE OTHER CONTINENT!! Maybe some hope that some of these can make it here by being bgt in EU and shipped here to NA. I'm not holding my breath.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Had to visit my local VW dealer today so checked out the new Touareg in the showroom.

The only notable improvement over mu T4 is that the boot underfloor storage is now rectangular, without a hump in the middle and the compressor, jack, tools, etc are in the middle of the upside down space-saver which does allow storage space for other things.

Everything else is change for change's sake.

The showroom model had black leather with no sunroof and grey headlining - very funereal - at that price, the leather and cabin materials aren't up to it.

So I'll keep my T4 until the T6 is announced and then reconsider!

·
Learner
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
288 Posts

VW North America has decided for us if you want the next generation Touareg you can drive over to the Audi store and get yourself a Q8, I have seen a few on the road lately and it is a nice looking vehicle !

I doubt we will ever get a VW/Audi TDI ever again in US so that will be something that will not be possible like in other parts of the world.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I was told by a salesman that they would have them in Australian show rooms on the 10th May to take orders and will have them in June for retail they are looking around $90,000 Aust for the base model diesel

·
Registered
24 Posts
I' ve sat in one a couple times, couple improvments the 25mm raised strip at bottom of windscreen (front of dash) is gone.
The cup holders at side of console should be better than at back as with any thing very high in them it gets in the way.
They had hoped to have a TDI V8 here for National Fieldays (farm show) 12 june >.

·
Learner
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
4xMotion or 4Motion?
Only 4motion. No sign of 4xmotion anymore it seems
Sad, vw havent looked after the buyer journey

·
Learner
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I' ve sat in one a couple times, couple improvments the 25mm raised strip at bottom of windscreen (front of dash) is gone.
The cup holders at side of console should be better than at back as with any thing very high in them it gets in the way.
They had hoped to have a TDI V8 here for National Fieldays (farm show) 12 june >.
Field days, will miss it this year.
Wasnt sure if it would come out that quickly

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
About this Discussion
30 Replies
18 Participants
Colin G
Club Touareg Forum
We’re the online community for Volkswagen Touareg owners to share knowledge about their VW Touareg Sport Utility Vehicles and more!
Full Forum Listing