Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone here have one? Looks like a solid package.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Saw one in the showroom 2 days ago. Looks nice. Probably good that it doesn't have low range in the US, because I could never afford one, anyway.

The panorama sunroof looked neat. I didn't slide the cover back, but it looked HUGE!!! The styling seems very similar. Updated, but it still looked like a Touareg on the inside.

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I love my Pano roof. Just think it's a good package...lacks Dynaudio, heated rear seats, ACC but for the price, it's solid. Can easily buy new for $47k or better. Gonna keep on my radar if VW takes my TDI. Would eventually pass on to my oldest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just purchased a 2017 sport/tech. I compared both. The sport/tech gives you ACC and all the electronic goodies that the Wolfsburg does but does NOT have the following things:

Sunroof (didn't need)
real leather seats
pockets on the back of the front seats
seat memory (neither does the Wolfsburg)
brushed aluminum trim (most is piano black)
heated rear seats
Dynaudio (which I wanted)
20 inch wheels (which I did not want)

Hopes this helps. if you like having the things above get a Wolfsburg but if not save money and get a Sport/tech.

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you. The Sport is not for me. I have Exec now so I like most of the bells and whistles. Just think the Wolfsburg is a solid package for the money as it has most of the items on the Exec.

·
Registered
8 Posts
no prob, I think the Wolfsburg is the best bang for the buck but considering the deal I got on a S/T I think I made the right decision. Enjoy yours!

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
I saw a Wolfsburg Edition yesterday in the dealer showroom. It was the new deep red color. New wheels with black accents. Very very nice.

·
Registered
242 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Some three trims as before. Sweet spot always has been the middle trim (Lux and now Wolfsburg). There have been some unique trims such as Touareg X and R-line (limited editions). The middle trim now gets some of the items found on the Exec...sort of a natural evolution.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Some three trims as before. Sweet spot always has been the middle trim (Lux and now Wolfsburg). There have been some unique trims such as Touareg X and R-line (limited editions). The middle trim now gets some of the items found on the Exec...sort of a natural evolution.

True. Looks like the DA option in 2016 now standard on the 2017 all across the model line. And looks like the Wolfsburg gets the stainless scuff plates and pedals. But sucks you have to goto the Exec trim now to get the memory seats and side mirrors.

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Interesting. Memory seats not a deal breaker for me. I do like the collapsable heated mirrors, though, and that's a bummer. I was planning on keeping my TDI for a few more years but the Wolfsburg, should I get it, would be more transitional as I would pass it on.

Funny. I had to put on the stainless steel pedals at delivery on my '12 and then found a used set of OEM scuff plates on the German eBay site. Now this stuff is standard.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hmm in Canada the Wolfsburg has the memory seats and mirrors.

In fact it seemed to have almost everything the exec line has except the memory steering wheel and rear sun shades.

Dealers are offering great prices on these right now as the new car is likely out next year.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Late to the thread... I have a Wolfsburg, got it in December... It is correct that it lacks electric folding mirrors or memory seats... but the Driver assist stuff is awesome, adaptive cruise has made my commute much more tolerable, and the collision avoidance literally kept me from running over a dummy pedestrian that crossed in front of me when I was making a right turn into traffic (he was walking against a red crosswalk light, so his fault). Treg jammed on the brakes just as I pressed the accelerator and he stepped in front of me, with three or four feet to spare, just like on TV! That could have ended badly but it didn't...

The front seats are heated AND ventilated... I like that.

I previously had the 2014 TDI R-Line (and previous to that the Sport packages).

It seems the pano roof was on my R-Line, it is huge and opens quite large too. The dog loves it for sure.

The only thing the Wolfsburg is missing is a diesel motor :-( ... I have to say I don't like the Treg as much without the TDI (or the V8 gasser) and already have my eye out for something that might be a suitable replacement in 3 years or so.

I got mine for $47k, listed at $54, it was a "dealer sign and drive internet special". Took about 30 minutes start to finish (although I do wish I took it for a better test drive but it was late and starting to snow, re: tires flat spotted thread).

·
Registered
39 Posts
yes I got a similar deal - $7.5k off the $61k msrp (Canadian)

everything is better than my previous sport. the dynaudio sound system especially is a huge improvement.

a few things I noticed so far:

1. the RNS810 display cannot be turned off like it could on my '12 sport. It is always on with the black screen and the clock. The option to actually turn off the screen completely is gone from the setup menu. Perhaps the computer is needed to be always on to control the new safety systems?
2. the driver's heated seat no longer seems to remember the setting it was on from the previous excursion.
3. when using the steering wheel menus you can now navigate up past the first item to view the last item in the list - this was very annoying on my 2012.
4. the cooled seats are awesome - cant wait til the summer to try them.

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The Wolfsburg (aside from no TDI) is the best trim of all T3 trims here 2011-17. Has most of the features that should have been on the T3 from day one. I guess that's why it's a Wolfsburg.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Just got a 2017 WB, Canyon Gray for $46,900 had 61 miles on it. Nice rig, very comfortable. I currently still have White 2009 3.0L TDI with 99,000 miles no issues well-maintained and runs great. Love this vehicle (gotta be one of the top 2 vehicles I ever owned). Besides the obvious gas vs diesel. They ride very differently . The 2009 rides like a tough little truck I can take off road and the 2017 like a luxury car, that I wouldn't feel comfortable taking off road.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts