Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

I bought a new 2017 Touareg in the spring and am looking to buy some winter tires. I have had different opinions from the dealership and others on what size is best. It came with 20" wheels, but I think I should buy 17 or 18" inch for winter? I will buy new wheels and tires - what is the best size? City driving 95% time. Winnipeg - can be lots of snow and ice.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'm not sure of the size but I would probably go 1 size taller and 1 size narrower in 17 or 18". A lot less money, and you should at least be able to find some used deals on the wheels with all the buybacks and people with extra sets. Also I'm assuming the 17" will fit around the brakes was there a 17" wheel option from the factory?

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Factory VW 17" alloy rims are more readily available (they were stock on earlier Touaregs) used, and the tire selection, and price, makes them very attractive for winter rims. They will fit on any stock VR6 or V6tdi, and allow you to run tire with more sidewall, therefore protecting you and your rims from damage from chance winter encounters with those dreaded potholes!

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Standard factory size for 17s is 235 65 17 108 XL or 255 55 17 106.

The overall diameter is 29 inches plus or minus a fraction for every single factory wheel and tire option from 17 through to 21.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts